“Don't leave Belize without doing this experience”

Butts Up Cave Tubing
Ranked #3 of 78 Tours in Belize City
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the ultimate Belize adventure, Cave Tubing and ATVing in the middle of the Belize rainforest. You couldn't ask for anything more in a half-day excursion. We are the only tour operator in Belize that can offer you this unique combination. Tours are specially designed for cruise ship passengers while Free Hotel Pickup and private tours are available for overnight visitors.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Long Beach, California
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Don't leave Belize without doing this experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Dico was one of the most friendliest guides during our entire trip in Belize. I highly recommend the cave tubing. The water is crisp and a very secluded location from the city.

Visited September 2013

Roanoke, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great adventure for an awesome value! Great guide!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

My wife and I recently (11/29) took our 2 youngest boys on a cruise with us. They are 22 and 24 years of age. We hade taken this same cruise just at the beginning of the year. The reason for taking them on this same cruise was we enjoyed Belize so well. We took them cave tubing and ATV riding with Myles and hade a great time, just as good or better than before. I would definitely recommend this company and be sure to ask for Myles...you won't be disappointed in what you'll learn and experience. Great guide! Great value!! Thanks again Myles!! "Butts Up," Ronnie & Linda
Isaac and Rob

1 Thank Ronnie V
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Words Are Not Enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

You have to experience this for yourself!!
My best friend and I decided to put this tour company to the test. Knowing that we could go zip lining, cave tubing AND ATVing in one trip was just too good to pass up and when a mutual friend of ours said that we could do it all while in port for our cruise, we just couldn't say no! These guys did NOT disappoint!
When we first arrived in port we found our tour guides holding a large sign with our name clearly printed on it and off we went. We were advised that there were a few other people coming along from another ship and that we would have to "wait" for them, but instead of keeping us all out in the rain (yes, it rained that day, no big deal, since I'm from Seattle), they got us all onto the comfortable tour bus and drove us around the city, explaining some of the culture and surroundings. Once we had everyone all together we headed out to the sight.
Upon arriving at the cave tubing sight (also the location of the zipline and the atv adventure) the tour guides requested, that for the purpose of conserving time, we all change into our cave tubing attire before heading over to our first stop, ATVing. My friend and I were a little concerned, because this meant we were going to have to ATV in our bathing suits! No worries, though, we mentioned this to one of the tour guides Jeff and asked if we could get a couple of t-shirts to wear. I kid you not, he was kind enough to give me the shirt he was wearing (don't worry it was completely clean :-P).
Because my friend had never been on an ATV before she got to be the front of the line, and one of the guides rode along with her. The ATV path was crazy, but so awesome! It was a very different experience from the last time I went ATVing and I LOVED it! I got stuck twice, and killed the engine once (whoops!), but the guides were quick and efficient at getting me unstuck!
After ATVing we headed over to do the cave tubing, we kept the shirts that they gave us for this portion of the tour as well (and actually the entire duration), and enjoyed a relaxing walk to the river, and a super comfortable trip through the caves. The sights were breathtaking and our guide, Jeff, was super fun. He pointed out different forms in the cave and made up stories about them. Super fun. Did I mention that they pulled us through the entire river?! All the other tours we saw going through, the guides were on rafts with the guests. Not these guys, Jeff and Orlando, (so loving below called "Dimples"; a nickname my friend gave him, but we vetoed as his official nickname for the sake of it's lack of "manliness") pulled us through the water, walking when it was shallow and swimming when it got up to 35 feet deep! Now that's dedication!
We had the pleasure of sitting in the front of the line of tubes and were just in front of a sweet older couple by the name of Bob and Lelani (that Speedy called "Mama and Papa" due to them being 75 and 79 years old).
We knew that we were doing all three excursions, but we were super pleased to find out that Mama and Papa were doing the zip lining with us! The zip lining staff was very sweet and they were patient with Ma and Pa, allowing them to get through all six (yep, six!) zip lines with plenty of time to get back to the meeting point and eat. Oh, they also provided the most delicious tamales I've ever had for our lunch!
We got a chance to chat with the guides on the way back. My friend and I ended up chatting with Orlando most of the way and were really interested to learn about his life in Belize.
By the time it was all over, and we got back to the port we finally looked at our watches and sure enough, we still had a little time to shop! I cannot give enough props to these guys for being so on the ball, so kind, and so funny! Despite the pouring rain and the colder weather, this was by far our favorite stop for the entire cruise!
Thanks again everyone, Yhony, Jeff, Speedy, Big Mac, Big John, and "Dimples" ;) for making this a great experience!!

2 Thank lred33
Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“You have to do this!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I booked this excursion on a tip from a girlfriend of mine who is from Belize. She was so right! This was an amazing excursion. All of the guides and bus drivers were kind, funny, patient and helpful. We got off the boat late and were waiting for others but the guides were calm and accommodating. Charlie Chaplin was great giving us a lot of historical information about Belize and the nature walk was interesting as our guide told us about the different plants, trees etc. We even got to sample some things along the way! I won't lie when they say the water is "refreshing" interpret that as "COLD" ha ha but I made it across and it was fine. The caves were amazing and beautiful. The lunch provided was fantastic and the people at the restaurant were so kind and sweet. They were very aware of the ships departure times so don't worry if you're on a cruise! They WILL get you there! You need to do this tour!
Thank you, Rhony, Jose and Charlie for a fun and memorable time. We always felt safe and never hurried. Next time it is going to be zip lining!

St. Simons Island, GA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great fun, terrific people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was a fantastic excursion. All of the guides and bus drivers were kind, funny, patient and helpful. The nature walk was interesting as our guide told us about the different plants, trees etc. The caves were amazing and beautiful. The lunch provided was fantastic. They were very aware of the ships departure times so don't worry if you're on a cruise! You need to do this tour!
Thank you, Rhony, for a fun time. It was a good and exciting excursion and we always felt safe.