“Best Excursion Ever!!!!!”

Butts Up Cave Tubing
Ranked #3 of 81 Tours in Belize City
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the ultimate Belize adventure, Cave Tubing and ATVing in the middle of the Belize rainforest. You couldn't ask for anything more in a half-day excursion. We are the only tour operator in Belize that can offer you this unique combination. Tours are specially designed for cruise ship passengers while Free Hotel Pickup and private tours are available for overnight visitors.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had the best time. Everyone was great. Lost my camera on the ATV trail and by the time we got back from the cave tubing it was waiting there. Thank you so much for a great experiance and can't wait to see you again the next time me are in belize!!!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,647)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Every part of this excursion was great! Even the walk to the river, even though I was huffing and puffing a bit! Ashton was awesome! He carried my tube for me and walked along with me to make sure I was OK! The caves were SO cool! The guides all swam along and had us all laughing with their antics! These guys were really the best! I'd highly recommend Cave-Tubing.com!!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We did the ATV and cave tubing tour. The ATV through the jungle was exciting and adventurous but was a could have been longer. The meal between the tours was excellent. The cave turbing was a slow drift along a beautiful river. The guides were very helpful and kept things organized. Overall, a very pleasant and wonderful day.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

So I was a little nervous to do this one. When you think cave tubing, you think low cave ceilings, narrow passages and water to die in. At least I did. Gald to report It wasn't that way at all! First, the trip from the cruise ship to land, takes 20 minutes. They have to boat you over in small groups. Then you get off and board the cave-tubing.com busses, or BUTTS UP cave tours (same thing)
We booked this excursion on our own because it was cheaper than booking it through Princess cruises. The bus then takes you to the caves but it takes about an hour and a half to get there. They do offer you their local drink to try during the ride (delicious!) and they point out landmarks along the way. When we arrived, they told us to change and leave what you didnt want to get wet, on the bus. Id reccomend only wearing tennis shoes (rock paths) and a bathing suit. no shirt or shorts or towel unless you dont mind them getting wet. Then you grab your tubes and walk for 30 min to the caves! Trust me, this is not for the weaklings. Its hot, your tube gets heavy and its a 30 min walk on a chunky rock pathway. Its beautiful, but its still the jungle! When you reach the water, the guide ties you up in groups of 8 and then proceeds to pull the whole mass of tubers into the giant cave. It's pretty awesome. You have headlamps as well for viewing the cave. Natural light peaks in here and there, so its never too scarry, and there are NO narrow passages to squeeze through. The guide will call butts up in very shallow areas so the tubers do not hit a rock with their bottoms. once through the caves, there is a short walk back to the busses, and you will be exhausted. once all on the bus, they take you to eat enchilada's (these are very different from the tex-mex kind) but pretty tasy, minus the chiken bones you may find in them! LOL. So, Definitely worth the experience, but it takes the whole day, so plan ahead!

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

From the time we were picked up from our hotel to drop off, we had a great day with our host Byron. There were only 2 of us + Byron for the day so we were very lucky to have a "private" tour! The quality and experience of the tour really hinges on your guide/host and Byron was exceptionally personable, informative and a lot of fun! The 25min hike became enjoyable as Byron would point out trees/animals & relay interesting facts, my boyfriend even tried the termites (apparently minty!). The caves are awe inspiring, peaceful and far from the eery initial feelings I had before seeing them. On the way back, Byron even let us swim in the river which was thoroughly enjoyable to let the gentle current take us down the river a little. We also had the included lunch on a picnic table which was Creole inspired and DELICOUS

2  Thank Lana-Marie H