Review Highlights

from $32.00
from $25.00
from $59.00
More Info
All reviews tamales big john these guys zip lining the river dirty harry cave tubing cruise line cashew wine atv ride water shoes awesome experience great excursion our tour guide booked directly a lot of fun highly recommend this company
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Well to start off the bus ride was VERY LONG & it had no A/C :( Once we got there we had to walk a good ways to get to the cave. One great thing is they had already carried our tubes to the cave so we didn’t have to carry our own tubes. The actual float lasted about 35 mins. Speedy our tour guide was funny and great for the cave tubing and bus ride. After cave tubing, we then went on to the zip lining. You start off on a smaller zip line which is followed by 3 other ones that are a little higher. I was VERY apprehensive about zip lining because I am terrified of heights, but I wound up doing all 4 and it was AMAZING!!! The walk up to the zip lines is a little rough so I wouldn’t recommend it for someone who has a hard time walking or has difficulty with breathing or heart issues. We were then taken to eat our lunch that was included which was an authentic chicken tamale. It was very good!!! We didn’t arrive back to the port until 3:35 which was an hour later than what we were told and what was advertised when we booked this excursion. I didn’t like that at all because it hardly left us any time to walk around the city and shop, plus if traffic would have been bad or if something would have happened to the bus, we would have NEVER made it back to the ship on time. All in all, it was a good trip and would recommend it.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

When we booked our cruise, that included Belize I was not that excited. We have been to this port so many times and did not find it very exciting.
Then we heard about Butts Up !
What a great experience we had in this tour. The pick up at the port was perfect, and started with a city tour. The cave and river tour was fun and Refreshing !
The sights of the rainforest and Jungle get you into the spirit of Jurassic Park !
Will definately travel with this fun group again !

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked this after reading all of the great reviews--their price is SO much better vs the cruise ships! For $35 you get a personalized tour of this beautiful country, more time in the caves vs the cruise ships, don't have to carry your tube & a free lunch to boot! Our driver Jimmy was fabulous & we enjoyed our hike to the caves--he pointed out many interesting things during our walk. You do need to wade through 3 streams to get to the caves, but they are not too bad! I was able to do the excursion with a fractured wrist (wrapped my soft cast) and didn't get my arm wet. We were a party of 13 going through the caves (thanks to Jimmy & Jose)--had lots of fun & couldn't believe how hard these guys work! Lunch was a chicken tamale which was ok, but hey it was free LOL! Definitely recommend sturdy water shoes to do this excursion--I wore Ryka Hydro Shoes & they worked great.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came in via Carnival Dream. We had a party of 4 and 9 others joined the group. Jimmy (and Jose) was our guides. Super friendly and educational. I did wear the cheap water shoe socks from Amazon which worked, but a more solid sole would have been better. Jimmy tried to warn me, but it was that it sneakers. Jimmy and Jose were very great with my party members (one uncomfortable with water, the other with a broken arm).The lunch was not my cup of tea and was very soggy, but that's not what I paid for. I highly reccomend Butts Up and I love that I know what that means now :) next time better shoes and my own high powered waterproof flashlight!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this tour about a month in advance and have no complaints! Everyone was nice, welcoming and gave us a great history lessons about Belize on the way to the rainforest and about the caves and plants on our hike! The tubing was fantastic and we had the best tour guide SPEEDY! The entire crew made us feel welcome and especially welcoming to my friends who celebrated her 21st birthday. We will be back on our next trip to Belize!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Jimmy was our guide and from the minute he picked us up from the water taxi to the moment he dropped us off at the airport, he was fabulous! He shared with us a plethora of knowledge and history of Belize down to what kind of trees, nuts , berries and lizards see were lucky enough to see.

We saw other outfits short their customers on open water time and rush them through the experience. Not these guys! We got almost 2 hrs on the water.

We had a fantastic time cave tubing, eating some delicious tamales and enjoying the beautiful weather. Highly recommend!