“DO THIS!!! ITS UNBELIZEABLE!!!!”

X-Stream Cave Tubing
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I just came back from a week long trip on the Carnival Dream. We visited Belize as one of our ports and before traveling I did A LOT of research about excursions in each port. I stumbled upon X-Stream cave tubing in a trip advisor search and at first was a little hesitant to book as they are in a foreign country and there prices were substantially lower than all the other excursions listed from other companies including the Carnival. However, this one was one of the best choices we made all vacation!
We booked over the website and put down a $20 deposit. ($10/ person) and paid the rest in cash when we arrived to the port. After giving our deposit we were give directions on where to meet the guides and pay the balance of our excision. ( $40/person) We made it to the check in spot, about a 2 minute walk from the tender and waited about 15minutes while the other passengers checked in. We were entertained by a man singing, dancing and selling local crafts. We got on a school bus (with AC) and took about a 70 minute ride thru Belize City into the country side. Our driver did a great job and our tour guide Wentworth was AMAZING! He explained all about the culture, history and people of Belize and had quite a sense of humor. We even got to stop off at a local grocery store on the way.
We arrived to the jungle and changed into our bathing suits and water shoes. (DO NOT TRY TO WEAR FLIP FLOPS) We left our belongings on the bus and while I was hesitant at first, I live in Boston and do not trust anyone, Magic Mike (one of the guides) reassured us that we are all family and everything would be fine.
We got our tubes, life jackets and head lamps and proceed to walk 30 mins into the jungle while our guides gave us a little background on all of the plants and insects we encountered. The hike was pretty easy but you do have to cross a few streams to get to the river so again, do not wear flip flops. When we got tot he river we were split up into groups of about 6-8ppl (friends and family can stay together) and each group had their own guide. We had George of the Jungle and he was fantastic! He guided us through the river with ease and explained all of the caves and the history behind them. After tubing for about 45 mins we entered the end of the cave and where the rest of the companies, cruise lines included, get out and hike back we got to travel on down the river for another 20 minutes in this beautiful jungle right back to the entry point.
We walked about 5-10 minutes back to the bus and changed into dry clothes. We were served a lunch of tamales and fresh fruit. Wentworth even gave us some hot sauce to put on our tamales that my boyfriend ended up buying at one of the little stores because it was so delicious.
We got back on the bus and took a "siesta" and ended up getting back to the port about 2 hours before the final port call. It was nice to have a little quiet time on the ride back to reflect on the experience you just had and how cool Belize is!
This was definitely was one of the highlights of our trip and I urge everyone to book with these guys! They were fun, knowledgeable and kept us safe the entire time we were with them! My boyfriend and I tipped them $10 each to say thank you for the great time and we since we booked with them we had already saved ourselves $90/ person! We were left with plenty of time to shop at the local market and have a few drinks before getting back on the ship.
The only down side is that I don't have any pictures because I left my camera on the ship. Had I known I was going to be taken onto a bus, hiked into the jungle, tubed down a river in a tube in the dark, fed an amazing lunch and back to a port well before the departure time by such an amazing group of guys... I would have brought my camera!!!

WHEN IN BELIZE GO WITH THESE GUYS... IT'S UNBELIZEABLE!!!

There are newer reviews for X-Stream Cave Tubing

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We recently stopped at Belize on a cruise ship. We booked this excursion independent of the cruise line and are very glad we did. Mike, our Creole tour guide made the the bus ride very interesting with tales of the history and culture. The cave tubing was fabulous and enlightening... we learned that the ancient Mayans considered the caves to be sacred. The "float" was very refreshing... to both the body and soul. Beautiful. We were pleasantly surprised to be served lunch before returning to the cruise ship with plenty of time to spare. This is a must-do is you are visiting Belize.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Manuel, our guide, did an amazing job from start to finish. Once we left the cruise ship and arrived at the location he picked us up, drove us to the caves, hiked around 2 miles with us to the caves, and then tubed with us through the caves. Great experience, and I highly recommend Manuel as a guide.

1  Thank Ryan_Reddick
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I recently returned from a cruise to Belize and Cozumel. I was traveling as a single parent with a 12 and 9 year old and booked a zip-line/cave tubing adventure for all of us in Belize with Island Marketing. We met our guides Magic Mike, TooTall and Charlie at the dock. We were put on the bus quickly and went off on our hour journey.

But for some reason we were forced to stop at a local market on the way which is an irritating thing that happens a lot with these tours. Because of our late start it seemed awfully irresponsible to take the time to sell us food we didn't need.

During the bus ride Magic Mike told us a lot about Belize but as the ride continued, he seemed to forget there were kids on the bus and his discussion took an uncomfortable sexual bent. And many times, passengers tried to remind him about the kids, but he didn't seem to notice. He told bizarre stories about pissed off clients which seemed really odd. If he had stuck to the history of Belize it would have been better.

Once we arrived there was really no plan in place. We managed to go zip lining which was wonderful and my kids loved it. Then we changed and picked up our tubes and hiked 30 minutes to tubing. The hike was really easy and pretty. The tubing was lovely as well.

But upon our return, they insisted on feeding us even though we were really crunched for time to make it back to the last tender. Finally they agreed to let us eat on the bus so we could leave. It was clear as Charlie, driving us home, passed car after car, that we were running really late. But Magic Mike kept telling his inappropriate stories and forced us to stop at one point so he could run off the bus and pee. I think he may have been slightly drunk.

We arrived at the pier five minutes before the last tender left which was really not comfortable.

While the ziplining and cave tubing were great, I am not sure I would recommend this company. Their inability to keep to a timetable is worrisome and the guides lack of sensitivity to the fact that children are among them, is just wrong. Although they are nice guys, they are just not all that professional.

4  Thank StacyGwendolyn
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We wanted to do something memorable for our two kids (6 and 15) and we had to do the kids x-stream cave tubing for our younger one. Off the RC ship, long tender plus HOUR drive to the tubing area was LOOOONG. Also, during the drive there is not much to look at. Our guide - Mario was very nice and talked the whole time - which we loved - he told us about the area and it was interesting. He was super friendly and funny and good with the kids. It was just the four of us in the group. The tubing area was nice though it was a 30 minute walk to where we started - WITH the tubes... kind of a long time to walk with tubes. BUT, the walk was interesting - walked though caves etc. Our little one loved the caves - especially seeing the bats:) The tubing through the caves was awesome - a mile and a half long! It was worth it. Then we had the hour drive back to where the tender was. We would not have done it if we didn't want this experience for our kids. Just a long ride. Next time we go to Belize I may not get off the boat. I feel like we did the best thing there.

1  Thank dpp74