“Tucked away oasis” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bacab Eco Park

Bacab Eco Park
More attraction details
Owner description: BACAB Eco Adventure Park, encompassing approx 400 acres is a nature lover's paradise. Only seven minutes from Belize's International Airport. This natural destination boasts over 200 species of tropical flowering plants including massive hardwood trees, palms, orchids and ferns and supports a diverse wildlife population that brings you as close to nature as you want to get. We offer a number of unique onsite tours available only with us. We also offer a number of adventurous tours outside of our Park, but always culminating by visiting and experiencing our premier family destination BACAB
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Houston
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Tucked away oasis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

After visiting Belize for 6 years, we just stumbled on Bacab on this trip. The location worked out as a relaxing place to stop when between Burrel Boom and the airport. It's definitely best if you have kids who want to take advantage of the pool. We dropped in to enjoy a Bailey's Colada and found the restaurant/bar to be a comfortable place to relax and enjoy a nice breeze. The food isn't bad and it appears that Cruise ships bring groups out for food, drinks and relaxation.

The grounds are very nice to walk around. Down side is that they close down before sunset on any given day and so don't plan on drinks and dinner.

Visited July 2013

Hollywood, Florida
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Very nice, but more ideal if you have younger children”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Bacab is a great eco park, but is probably more child friendly as it has horseback riding, a large (but shallow) pool and ATV tours. It also has a large bar and restaurant, which might appeal to the older crowd.

Visited January 2013
Belize City, Belize
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice Pool, Lots to Do or Just Relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I live in Belize City and I love to visit Bacab just to get away from it all.
There is a nice pool to swim or lounge in with a small water shoot and waterfall. When I feel like going more, we go kayaking (and see some interesting wildlife) or horse-riding at the park.
Normally when we go we have lunch - the choice of food is a little limited but the quality is good.
Some days we meet a lot of cruise ship passengers there, but the placers well laid out - it never feels crowded - and they all seem to be enjoying themselves or just relaxing.
This is a place that I recommend to my friends for a nice day out in easy reach of Belize City.

1 Thank GordonK
Avon, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First time Horse Back Riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

During our spring break we took a Carnival cruise with a stop in Belize. My family and I had never been horse back riding and decided to try it there through the jungle. OMG!! It was SOOOOO much fun! The guides showed us how to handle the horses and paired us up with horses that fit our experience level. I had never been on a horse, so I was given "Trigger". He was a gentle horse and very easy to control. Very sweet! I was concerned about my son who also had never ridden a horse before but they paired him up with a smaller horse named, Kyle. My son loved it so much that now he is begging for a horse of his own, which definitelt isn't happening!!! My husband, who had been on a horse before had "Coconut" We all had a greta time! Definitiely an adventure I would recommend if visiting Belize and wanting to do something non-water related!

San Francisco, California
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“An odd place in Belize”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stumbled into this place. One of our party said the sign read, food and drink, it does not. At first it looks like a real estate develpement with 20 or so new houses, about half occupied and half for sale. Then you go down down a long, dirt road about a mile. There was a man under a little cabana and we asked if there was food, he said yes and to drive on in. There was a huge parking lot and only 4 cars. The car next to ours opened all the windows and opened the trunk and left! We got to the entrance where one tour bus was loading and one was waiting. There was a sign, I wished I would have taken a picture, it said something like " we appreciate you wanting to help protect us but we have our own armed guards and would very much like you to keep your guns in the car". Walked along a dirt path and came to this building with grass roof, and long, long hallway with shiny cement floors. The room opened up and there was only one woman working and I inquired about lunch. She said the lunch was out that way to the left of the horses. Horses? Yup we walked by about 100 horses. then we got onto a walkway made of small palm trees used as planks, but the trees are rounded so this slows one down considerably and is all but impossible for wheelchair, walker or mobility impaired. Finally the path opens out to a gigantic pool, gift shop and a little further a restaurant. I inquired about a table for 5. Look of complete shock as if I was a martian. it took several people to ask me the same questions, I didn't get it and neither did they. This is a manufactured spot to bring in tourists from Cruise ships. the name of the various ships were affixed to a board, with the time they would be arriving. This is a 'park' that tours are brought to and charged for entrance. Somehow we managed not to run into anyone along the way. We travel on our own and not with tour buses or cruises. We just really wanted lunch! After much flurry, they decided we could sit down and they did have a menu and we did order and were fed. The food was kind of like Denny's or Perkins. Nothing special, but not bad. We were able to watch the swimmers swim, see kayakers kayak. And then we went on our merry way. Evidently you can also bike and horseback ride. We did none of these.
The thing that struck me as odd about this place was that it was designed in such a way that it could have been anywhere in North America. It could have been in Wisconsin Dells. Or Branson,MO. It was Belizeian in any sort of way except for the staff! There is nothing really wrong with this place but why go all the way to Belize for something you could probably find in your own state?