“You Better Belize It!!!!”
Review of Cave Tubing R Us

Cave Tubing R Us
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I went to Belize with a group composed of friends and family, including my 16y/o daughter. We were on the Western Carribean Cruise aboard the Carnival Dream. We booked this excursion at home before we arrived not through the cruise line. David and Ashton were waiting for us when we exited the port! They both have fun loving and easy going dispositions. We boarded an airconditioned bus for our 45 min ride to the caves. They told us a little about the history of Belize as we rode through the island. I enjoyed seeing how the people of Belize live. David and Ashton suprised us with Rum punch!! Yummy!!! Guess what they name the punch! LOL. There is a 30 min hike through the jungle. It was a little tiring, but with Dave, Ashton and Michael's (who they picked up during the bus ride)personality they made this stretch of the legs fun.Besides, it was GREAT being in this beautiful, natural environment. Our saftey was their first priority as we went through the caves. We were provided life jackets and a hard hat with a little light. It's not dangerous at all. It felt much like going down the "lazy river" at a water park. It was a wonderful experience for our group and my daughter loved it. She got to jump off of the rock into the river!!!! (The jump wasn't very far.) And we paid for the excursion AFTER we finished. Cash Only. We arrived back to the port in plenty of time to souviner shop. If you are ever in Belize and want to see the caves, definitely look these guys up. It was an UNBELIZE-ABLE experience. Fun, fun, fun.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

We came to Belize with an NCL cruise. David met us at the port and began sharing wonderful facts about his great country. The drive to the caves was about an hour but it flew by as David keeps you entertained. Once at the caves David did all the work getting ready. There are bathrooms to change and some shops. I purchased a water proof camera, because I had forgotten ours. Kinda pricey at $20. The grabbed our gear and headed out. A short walk to the first water crossing. Here we all got wet by jumping off a rock ledge. Then the hike began. It wasn't that long maybe 25 minutes. David pointed out plants(a tattoo plant), insects(kids ate termites) and Mayan stories. The caves are beautiful and David leads the way. The waterfall and foliage are beautiful. After the awesome float trip David breaks everything down while you have time to change. On the way back to town we stopped at Cheers and ate an amazing Gringo Tamale. David We had a great time and would recommend your service to anyone traveling to Belize Thank you

1  Thank mbart25
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We contacted Cave Tubing R Us intially with a few questions and we truly were amazed how helpful David was. That sealed the deal for us! We booked our excursion with Mr. Almendarez! Now having gone with David, I'm not sure words can describe our trip! He completely designed our day to fit the needs of our group......for us, that left out very little! We were met at the location he described in his e-mails and included a map for reassurance. Looking back it seems silly, but at the time it was very comforting! Because we were lucky enough to get off our cruise ship early, we had time to stop at a little market for beverages of our choice. David had already packed sodas and water, but we were in the mood for something different. He escorted us the entire time which was reassuring since this was our first vist to Belize. We spent the next 35 mins laughing our heads off at David's colorful wit. He was a fountain of knowledge, and we learned so much about the cultures of Belize. We were awe struck. When we arrived at the National Park, we had the opportunity to change and use the rest rooms, which by the way were by far more cleaner than most on a US highway. Our trek through the rain forest began shortly thereafter. David guided us through explaining the flora and fauna, teaching us Mayan traditions and rituals, medicinal values of the forest and how the rain forest of Belize is used and appreciated today. I felt like a kid in a candy store taking it all in. I had pictured in my mind a hike of all hikes.....it wasn't a difficult walk at all. Very easy to do. We reached the point where we would enter the cave, David helped each of us into our tubes....tied us all together and off we went. We had friends that tubed on a different excursion and had to be linked together via their feet through each others arms. They complained that it was so very very uncomfortable! Their necks were killing them.....we had no issues whatsoever! Our tubes were top notch! I could actually sit Indian style as the tubes had netting on the bottom! Our trip through the caves were amazing....David even took us to a spot where only the Mayan priests were allowed to drink from the the water falls. This water was believed to be holy and those who drank from of it would be blessed......I drank a gallon of it! When we exited the cave, David told us we could either continue to float down the river in our tubes or swim around freely.....we swam! The water was so pure and refreshing. We jumped off rocks and truly just enjoyed the beauty of the rain forest! We had time for lunch afterwards, so were taken to Stella's.....ask David about the Bamboo Chicken! It wasn't on the menu, but everything under the sun was. Tradtional food of Belieze to Greek food......foods of Mexico to hamburgers. I had nachos! On the way back to the ship, we stopped at another market so that I could pick up a bottle of coke as promised to my daughter who was back in the states......Coke products outside of the US are made differently. I also grabbed a bottle of the most amazing rum I have EVER tasted, truth be told, it was two bottles and I'm not even a rum drinker! Sadly, our day ended too soon and we were escorted back to the terminal. I will say this in closing, the Mayan Gods knew their stuff because I was truly blessed having had spent my day with David and his staff at Cave Tubing R Us!

Reviewed June 20, 2011

We booked Cavetubingrus through a recommendation on the Carnival Website. They were awesome. They met us at the cruise terminal in Belize, took us via bus to the Cave Tubing location and we had a blast. Everyone was extremely friendly and we were able to go through two large caves. We had small kids (4 and 10) and Carnival would not allow us to book through their tour company which was actauilly more expensive. They carried the tube for my 4 year old. We even stopped for a local beer on the way back to the terminal. I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

David was our tour guide and he was a barrel of fun. We had a great time relaxing in the caves as we floated together. Before reaching the caves we had a pleasant walk in the rainforest in which he stopped and explained some very cool nature facts to us. We also got to jump off rocks into the refreshing water. Our boys loved this!! After our tour was done, David accommadated us by driving around to fruit markets to find fresh bananas. He also helped others in our party to find beer native to the islanders. It was a fantastic afternoon and I would highly recommend David and his tours to anyone.