My husband and I went to Blackbird Caye from May 10-17 and it was perfect. Cabana #9 was lovely and not too far from the bar/restaurant. It was windy, but we didn't mind because it kept the bugs away. It rained on Friday, but it was still quite warm, so we were still out playing in the water! The staff is so friendly and everyone there is just so delightful. Our favorite was the bartender, obviously. (Hi Gilbert!!) Michael was very welcoming and made sure everyone felt right at home. We got to see the crocs at the lagoon and the iguanas and geckos running around the island. And my personal favorite - hammock naps everyday! We are not divers, and we only went on a few snorkel trips during our stay, but we chose Blackbird to 'get away from it all' and that is exactly what we did. We hope to return some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blackbird Caye is a privately owned Island sitting on The Mesoamerican Reef System - often referred to as the "Jewel of the Caribbean" - it is the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere with a rich tapestry of vivid corals, mangrove forests, coastal wetlands, and diverse marine wildlife. Within the reef you will find Turneffe Atoll the Caye where the resort is located. Turneffe is the largest and most biologically diverse of the 3 atolls found in the Caribbean home to more than 65 species of stony coral, 350 species of mollusk, and more than 500 species of fish, manatees, dolphins and invertebrates. There are over 70 dives sites all within 10-15 minutes from the resort and 45 minutes to Lighthouse Reef where The Great Blue Hole is located. The resort is made of 19 modern cabanas facing the Caribbean Sea and 1 beach house. The cabanas are all equipped with A/C, fans, private bathrooms, either King or Queen Beds with new comfortable bedding, private porches with chairs and swinging hammocks. Included in the price are your cabana, 3 daily meals, dive or snorkel package, complimentary transfers to the island on Wednesdays and Saturdays and use of the resort's kayaks. We are the only resort on Turneffe with an air strip making it convenient to arrive or depart any other day of the week. Our courteous and helpful staff will always make you feel at home as customer service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Blackbird Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackbird Caye Hotel Turneffe Islands
- Blackbird Caye Belize City