This is a laid-back, comfortable, informal retreat, where you can live life at a relaxed pace. The staff are welcoming and friendly. This is a place where you will soon be on a first-name basis with all the other guests, exchanging stories and sharing photographs in the evening.
You won't find room service, nightly entertainment, in-room internet, shopping or 1000-count bed linens. The cabins are comfortable, clean, spacious and functional, but people who expect a duplication of the Ritz-Carleton on a tropical island will be disappointed. Meals are served three times a day; while not fine dining, they are filling and varied.
The dive crews are inspire confidence. They assess the relative skills of their divers and plan their trips accordingly; novice, intermediate and advanced divers will all feel comfortable. The diving itself rivals any place in the world for the density and variety of coral and the dive masters will make sure to look out for and point out marine life divers might otherwise miss.
Non-divers have the options of spectacular snorkelling, fishing, hiking through the ground to look for crocodiles and iguanas, picnics on nearby Half-Moon Caye, and sea kayaking.
I will definitely be back ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blackbird Caye is a privately owned Island sitting on The Mesoamerican Reef System - often referred to as the "Jewel of the Caribbean" - it is the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere with a rich tapestry of vivid corals, mangrove forests, coastal wetlands, and diverse marine wildlife. Within the reef you will find Turneffe Atoll the Caye where the resort is located. Turneffe is the largest and most biologically diverse of the 3 atolls found in the Caribbean home to more than 65 species of stony coral, 350 species of mollusk, and more than 500 species of fish, manatees, dolphins and invertebrates. There are over 70 dives sites all within 10-15 minutes from the resort and 45 minutes to Lighthouse Reef where The Great Blue Hole is located. The resort is made of 19 modern cabanas facing the Caribbean Sea and 1 beach house. The cabanas are all equipped with A/C, fans, private bathrooms, either King or Queen Beds with new comfortable bedding, private porches with chairs and swinging hammocks. Included in the price are your cabana, 3 daily meals, dive or snorkel package, complimentary transfers to the island on Wednesdays and Saturdays and use of the resort's kayaks. We are the only resort on Turneffe with an air strip making it convenient to arrive or depart any other day of the week. Our courteous and helpful staff will always make you feel at home as customer service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Blackbird Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackbird Caye Hotel Turneffe Islands
- Blackbird Caye Belize City