Turneffe Flats
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Turneffe Island
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
Turneffe Island Resort(Turneffe Island)
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
St. George's Caye Resort(St. George's Caye)
  • Pool
Royal Palm Island Resort(St. George's Caye)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Chateau Caribbean(Belize City)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Royal Orchid Hotel(Belize City)
View Hotel
All reviewsatoll adventurefly fishingthe main lodgeother guestsdive mastertop notchblue holegreat fishingeco tourworld class fishingreef villafishing lodgeknowledgeable guidesscuba divingbelize citybone fishinfinity pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2013

note: i was here ~10 years ago. i stayed in a cottage listening to the waves. i came with my friend who was scuba diving. i snorkeled. dining was relaxed and fun; nice staff; remote; quiet; easy transfer (boat ride) from airport to island; very reasonable$$$

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I brought my wife and two college aged kids for a couple of days of R & R at Turneffe Flats after 5 days in the Belizean jungle and it was the perfect way to end our Christmas vacation. The staff knew our names from the beginning and treated us like family. They handled our dietary needs to address food allergies without making a fuss over it. Although we were on the Atoll Advanture package, my son and I asked if we could fly-fish and the Chris and Paul made it happen - not insignificant considering it was high season and we gave no advance notice. We landed our first bonefish and had a wonderful fly-fishing experience with our ever-patient guide Mike. We snorkeled the second day with Abel on a pristine coral reef - easily the most spectacular snorkeling we've experienced. We stayed in a beachfront cabana which, while not opulent, was clean and confortable. The food was excellent with new selections each meal. One of the special asects to Turneffe Flats is the social nature of the place - there is a lively happy hour before supper each day where fishing tales and adventures are traded. We made some good friends during our stay there. This is the kind of place that serious anglers and outdoors-loving couples and families can all enjoy. I hope for a return visit soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jpsmcs
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and I just returned from spending a week (December 8-15) at Turneffe Flats Lodge. It is a beautiful spot! About a third of the guests were scuba divers and something over a third were there to fish. The rest did the Adventure Tour. For us, it was a return visit as we were there the previous December. Both trips were spectacular! (The owners (Craig & Karen)) mentioned that about 50% of the guests that week were return clients.) As before, I landed quite a few bonefish on a fly rod, though none were larger than 5 lbs and most were in the 2-3 lb range. Most of the bonefish are caught while wade fishing on the flats. I also landed my first permit (20 lbs) on a fly, though I played another 6 or 7 during the course of a week. All of the permit fishing was done while poling in a flats boat. I used Daniel as my guide on both trips and I would not hesitate to use him again. Daniel knows what he is doing, whether he is poling a flats boat or standing beside me while wading. He has a great pair of eyes for spotting fish. (BTW, December is not a good month for tarpon fishing. The tarpon are not active. If you do choose to chase tarpon, bring an intermediate line. April or May represent the start of good tarpon fishing.) While I was fly fishing, my wife and other spouses were out with Abel on the Lodge's Adventure Tour (snorkeling, sea kayaking, bird watching, etc.) As before, Abel did an outstanding (my wife would say amazing) job of showing off the Turneffe Atoll. The accommodations are modern, air conditioned, clean and comfortable. I would characterize them as being much nicer than many of the Caribbean resorts (including in Belize) I have visited. If you need a wifi connection, that is available in the main lodge. The staff and owners (Craig & Karen) make it evident that they want their guests to have a wonderful time during their stay. We'll be back at some future date.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the sea side cabana rooms. We had room #5 and it offers a great view, though virtually all of the rooms have a fine view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank JMR33397
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We wanted to try a new place for a week of SCUBA diving and we are so glad we selected this place. It is absolutely beautiful and first class all the way. The service from the dive staff and from the hotel staff and management was outstanding. We were a bit concerned that this place would cater mostly to fishermen, but were very pleased that the diving experience was so great. The food was excellent and they cater to needs of all the guests, if necessary. Food is served at the table (not a buffet, like most places) and the service was terrific. The rooms have been renovated fairly recently and are very attractive and comfortable. The cabanas on the beach have lovely verandahs, with comfortable furnishings to relax after a day of great diving.Beautiful landscaping and pool top it all off! We would highly recommend Turneffe Flats for your dive vacation!

Room Tip: We loved the cabanas, right on the beach. We traveled with another couple and shared the duplex with them, which worked out great. If you have a larger group or family, they have nice villas to use as well. We spent so little time in our rooms, but they were very attractive and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

T Flats is an amazing place with a wonderful program. This has become one of my favorite trips and I recommend them to our clients on a regular basis. The fishing is great, the SCUBA and amazing, and for those folks that don’t like either of those activities they have plenty of other options. In addition to the good food and great staff they are also environmental conscience and are working hard to be responsible stewards to this amazing environment. We at Down East Guide Service spend a lot of time providing excellent customer service and high quality adventures for our clients and the folks at T Flats offer all that and more. This is a really special place and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends