Jim & Kendra have created a peaceful getaway to enjoy diving, snorkeling, canoeing, and fishing all at a leisurely pace.
Mornings usually start around 6 am with the lapping of waves and sun awakening you from your cabana only feet from the Caribbean sea. If you are ready to start the day, there is hot coffee and tea available down the path in the kitchen. It is there you will smell the wonderful aroma of Teresa preparing breakfast. If fresh juice is your preference, then there are sweet fresh oranges and grapefruits that you can press yourself. If you are not ready to rise, you can just roll over and let the waves lull you back to sleep.
During breakfast, around 7, everyone gets to decide when they want to dive in the morning. Some chose 8:30 and others 10:30 but no set schedule. All diving is just minutes from the dock. There is also snorkeling from shore.
Lunch is around noon and decisions on when to dive in the afternoon are made then. We generally went at 3 after a nice siesta on our cabana's porch. After our last dive, we enjoyed some adult beverages overlooking the sea.
Dinner at 5 and then some candle light conservation with all our new friends around their grand mosiac table.
All the meals were very good from fish, chicken, seafood, pork, and pasta with a Caribbean and Belizean flavor. There is Belikin beer ($2USD) and bottles of wine available to purchase. Ask for white to be stocked in advance as supplies are
limited. What's great is that you can also bring your own wine and liquor.
We took our Deep Diver Specialty course with Christine who just joined OTW. She was delightful- as a teacher and under water instructor. A Great addition for OTW!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Off The Wall Dive Center is situated on a private island in the turquoise waters of Glover's Atoll. We are a small Eco-friendly, PADI 5 star Dive Center and Resort and offer Scuba Courses, Whale Shark trips and the best diving, snorkeling and fly-fishing in Belize, as well as kayaking and stand up paddling. Or, just come to relax and enjoy our white, sandy beaches and idealistic setting for getting away from it all. Our packages include Saturday boat transportation to and from our island, 7 nights accommodations in charming, ocean front cabanas, and all your meals. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Off The Wall Dive Hotel Glovers Reef Atoll
- Off The Wall Dive Center And Resort
- Off The Wall Dive Center & Resort Belize/Glovers Reef Atoll