Just came home from off the wall, sorry to say. What a peaceful, beautiful, refreshing resort! Pictures do not do it justice, you have to be there to appreciate it. Jim picks you up and Kendra meets you at the dock, nice touch of comfort. Wasn't sure what to expect other than what tripvisor people had been saying, but it surpassed my expectations. The huts were darn right cute! open air windows, doors, nice beds, shelves, even a mirror for us women! Showers, perfect for outdoors. The toilets are clean not bad at all, had a surprise under the toilet lid, an iguana decided to hung there lol!Hermit crabs everywhere! pet birds, cats, more iguana's. The food.... well Illeen did a wonderful job, she works hard and the food was great! Hats off to Matthew, Dorth, Mario (card shark), jr what a wonderful group of men, friendly and willing to help you out with anything. The snorkeling was great! weather fantastic! We met some very nice people there, Vickie and Mark from California, Ed and Fiona from England truly great company. Funny how well you get to know each other by the end of the trip. Kayaking was fun, you can take your snorkel gear and paddle out to a spot and dive in, in search of marine life. Kendra and Jim have certainly made off the wall a very special place. The touches that have been added, shells that line the walk way, lights made of coconuts, Tiki torches throughout, rooms nicely but modestly decorated, beautiful blue tiled showers all make this place just darn right cozy. We do definitely plan on returning! For those of you who think there's no way you could survive without a hair dryer, makeup, phone, cable, nightlife...think again! What a wonderful getaway. For you scuba divers I heard it was great! you need to checkout Jim's crack!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Off The Wall Dive Center is situated on a private island in the turquoise waters of Glover's Atoll. We are a small Eco-friendly, PADI 5 star Dive Center and Resort and offer Scuba Courses, Whale Shark trips and the best diving, snorkeling and fly-fishing in Belize, as well as kayaking and stand up paddling. Or, just come to relax and enjoy our white, sandy beaches and idealistic setting for getting away from it all. Our packages include Saturday boat transportation to and from our island, 7 nights accommodations in charming, ocean front cabanas, and all your meals. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Off The Wall Dive Center And Resort
- Off The Wall Dive Hotel Glovers Reef Atoll
- Off The Wall Dive Center & Resort Belize/Glovers Reef Atoll