“What a Great Place for Our Family to Do Their First Dive!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glovers Reef Atoll
Off The Wall Dive Center & Resort
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were staying at the Slickrock Long Kaye Resort but Jim made it very easy for us to fit in our introductory lesson and first dive for our family of five (kids are 15, 14 and 12). Their staff is very patient and helpful and most importnatly, calming. Thanks to Doriff (sp?) for making our first dive so easy. To be able to go out and see The Wall (and a turtle!) will be something we will never forget.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ace65

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wonderful week of relaxing, diving, snorkeling, eating, and enjoying the beach. The staff were wonderful. But owners Jim and Kendra really make the resort very special. From reading sitting on the beach in front of our cabanas to diving in front.....very special. Diving and snorkeling are some of the best in the world. Wonderful wall dives...snorkeling off the dock very special. Looking forward to our return trip!

Room Tip: Just tell Kendra what you need....and she will put you in the right cabana!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SenorSurfer
Reviewed September 9, 2012

It was an amazing time for us. We were not sure what to expect but what a pleasure from the food,accommodation and watching the turtle lay her eggs on the beach and just enjoying the peace and tranquility of the island. The staff was so much fun and the instructor was very patience with us getting our certification. Jim and Kendra made it easy to get there from the first phone call to the last hugs. Would deffently go back and hope to. Mike and Jeannie from Oregon

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank pjbhair
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I did one exploratory dive because my girlfriend was not certified and another guest was also learning. The management was extremely accommodating. They would come over to Slick Rock side of the island to check-in to see who wanted to dive that day every morning. Very friendly and professional! And the coldest beer on the island (for purchase)!! I will dive again with Off The Wall, again. They have similar activities as Slick Rock but if i was focused on diving I would stay at Off the Wall at half the cost as staying at Slick Rock. I would miss the other activities offered at Slick Rock though. From what I saw the cabanas are better at Slick Rock but from what I understand they will be expanding so the views are equal to Slick Rock from your room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beto1619
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our friends/neighbors took a trip to Off the Wall and when they returned they kept saying they wanted to go back and for us to go with them. Now they have done some extensive travel and I thought this must be a great place if they want to return. We booked our trip with our neighbors and another couple and all we have talked about since we returned is going back. It's a "real" vacation . . . no phone, no TV, no internet, NO STRESS! Jim and Kendra and the entire staff becomes like family during your stay and goes to great lengths to accommodate all your wishes. The grounds are beautiful, the cabanas are nice and comfortable and the food is amazing! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Diana H
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Having sampled a fair few of the offshore private islands and island resorts Belize has to offer I was looking for something truly away from it all, somewhere that blends with the landscape and isn't built like a concrete block on the beach.... and Off the Wall is just that.

I didn't miss the TV, or the light pollution, the noise, traffic or dimly lit bars, the chi-chi restaurants of San Pedro or Caye Caulker, the constant whirr of the a/c, the background drone of a generator, or a slick, marble bathroom with all the trimmings of a 5 star resort. Off The Wall gave me exactly what you dream a Paradise Island is all about. Spacious, beautifully mosaic decorated open air showers with handmade coconut candle lighting (should you get distracted from the waving coconut palms and astoundingly clear constellations above), natural paths wending their way through coconut and gumbo limbo trees, hibiscus and lilies, lemongrass and aloe. My all natural wooden cabin (with one of the most comfortable mattresses ever) was oceanside (they all are... who needs a/c or fans with your own private breeze!), and I could absolutely believe that i was totally alone on the island early mornings on my porch doing yoga alongside naturally formed driftwood sculptures and shells.

Walks along the southeastern shore bring you in contact with the gentle waves over the nearby coral reef (the diving is a literal two minute boat ride out to the fabulous wall), a myriad of colourful hermit crab populations, blue crabs, huge yellow and green iguanas (Stumpy the three legged iguana was resident next to my cabin, Kendra has some great stories about the island and its changes over the years) white lilies, fuscia morning glories, huge pink conch shells and all manner of coral boulders and pebbles, the north western shore is white coral sand, populated with amazing swing beds and hammocks amongst the coconut palms.

The dive crew just makes everything so easy, from preparing your equipment to rolling into the clear warm water (can't believe it was a balmy 83degrees). Junior was our helpful boat captain, and Matthew, Tyrone & Doreth the DMs & Instructor - laid back enough to fit perfectly in paradise, but more professional, courteous and knowledgeable than I've seen in many bigger and more international resorts. I took my own diving equipment which the crew took care of (not just a quick rinse, but a through, careful wash), but they have well maintained Sherwood BCDs & regulators, and new 3mm wetsuits (not that you'd need one most of the year round!) or rash guards and boxed rental masks. The tanks were about to be sent for their yearly inspection just as i was leaving the resort - so no shoddy equipment here.

We saw garden eels, flounder, barracuda, shark, crab, lobster, conch, turtles, stingrays and eaglerays, and big schools of jack, and Kendra even woke me up one evening to come see a nesting hawksbill turtle on their beach. You really feel like you've been set free the regimented dive schedules and can roll out of your hammock into your bcd and off the boat, when you feel like it (though I'm sure that during high season there is a little more to prepare, I was there at the end of the season - no reason not to go... the night sky lit up with the most incredible lightening over nearby Honduras, and gorgeously clear and warm days)

The food Eileen & Theresa prepared was fabulous - I just couldn't get enough of Eileen's (no-diet) Lemon meringue pie, the homemade granola with island coconut, the coffee (I'm a coffee addict), her green rice, the veggie patties, superb surface-interval cookies, her local recipe local fish, dropped off by the fishermen early morning (get up to see the hungry stingray circle the end of the cleaning dock for scraps.... ) - all in all not a thing I wouldn't devour (well, only Eileen's home made habanero & onion salsa, but i was told it was amazing).

Loved Kendra's little gift shop - handmade local jewellery, a really nice selection of summer dresses and tops, mayan carvings, sarongs and t shirts, and there is a veritable library of all kinds of books from novels to plant and animal ID books (the entire collection of the Humann fish/coral/animal ID books) which you can borrow to while away time in your hammock.

I thoroughly recommend Off the Wall to paradise seekers who really do want to get away from it all, proof that a genuinely environmentally friendly resort (rainwater showers, greywater recycling, composting toilets etc etc) need not mean compromising your comfort, and it all comes with a top notch crew to match. You truly feel that Jim & Kendra are inviting you to join the family when you stay - they went out of their way to create a welcoming environment. I can't wait to be back there with visiting family & friends!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank MathieusDeli
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and I first became aware of Off the Wall on a previous trip to Glovers Reef with Slickrock Adventures. During our first stay on the island we discovered that Off the Wall would be more to our liking and we made a point of going back to stay with Jim and Kendra. We had an amazing experience from the time we met Jim in Dangriga to our drop off at the Dangriga airport 12 dives and 7 days later.

We loved the outdoor showers and the privacy between units. The grounds were well maintained and the diving equipment was in excellent condition. You certainly can’t beat 3 – 10 minute boat rides to the best diving sites in this part of the world.

Our sincere thanks go to everyone who made our stay so memorable...
Kendra and Jim: for their kindness, hospitality and generosity. We enjoyed being regaled with endless stories about their experiences on the island.
Eileen: an amazing cook, who made the best, stewed chicken rice and beans we’ve ever tasted. We loved to see her grooving to her tunes on the radio!
Tyrone: an exceptional dive master, who was always professional and accommodating. Remember… “one shot one kill”!
Captain Junior: the hardest working man on the island! We were often entertained by his song choices before entering the water on our dives.
Steven: who worked the night shift and kept us well lit.

A special shout out goes to Lisa, our favourite dive buddy!! We look forward to planning our return trip!

Rubene & Mark

#2 of 2 in Coco Plum Cay
Blue Marlin Beach Resort
Blue Marlin Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in South Water Caye

Been to Off The Wall Dive Center & Resort? Share your experiences!