If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place for you. If you are looking peace and quite with some good diving - this may be the place for you. The cabins are VERY basic. But, our cabin was located less than 10 feet from the waters edge. You cannot beat that. The food was average, at best. The diving was great. We got lucky and swam with a pod of @30 dolphins on our way back from the morning dives. It was amazing! There is not much to do on the island other than dive and relax on the beach. This was perfect for us. Eddie was very friendly. His staff was very helpful with our entire 2 week vacation in belize - not just the week we sent on Isla Marisol.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Isla Marisol Resort lies on a pristine, secluded palm-studded island on Glover's Reef Atoll (a UN World Heritage site) in Belize. Of the five inhabited island on Glover's Reef, Isla Marisol is the only one offering private en-suite bathrooms, fresh water showers, hot and cold water, air conditioning, and daily housekeeping service. Isla Marisol Resort also offers frosty cold libations at our NEW "over the water" bar and phenomenal Belizean style food in our dining room. Incredible water sports are just a stone's throw from the resort - with most diving and snorkeling sites just 5-15 minutes from the island. All ages and experience welcome! Anglers can hit the "grand-slam" from their front porch, with World class fly fishing for tarpon, permit, and bonefish, quite literally at our door step. Daily deep sea fishing trips for Wahoo, Kingfish, Marlin, and a host of other fun fish, depart from Isla Marisol daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Isla Marisol Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Marisol Hotel Glovers Reef Atoll
- Isla Marisol Dangriga
- Isla Marisol Resort Belize/Glovers Reef Atoll