The main reason to come here is to see the amazing reef with its diversity of corals and fish. Because this place is so remote you have to pay a high price but it is worth it. The food was very good and the cabins adequate taking into account the remoteness of the place. I was bothered by the sand flies a lot and the screen doors in the cabin had great gaps but since you were allowed to turn the AC at night(only at night)that kept the coolness of the room kept the bugs out. The location is why you visit here so as long as you keep that in perspective and don't expect too much you will have a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Isla Marisol Resort lies on a pristine, secluded palm-studded island on Glover's Reef Atoll (a UN World Heritage site) in Belize. Of the five inhabited island on Glover's Reef, Isla Marisol is the only one offering private en-suite bathrooms, fresh water showers, hot and cold water, air conditioning, and daily housekeeping service. Isla Marisol Resort also offers frosty cold libations at our infamous "over the water" bar and phenomenal Belizean style food in our dining room. Incredible watersports are just a stone's throw from the resort, with most diving and snorkeling sites just 5-15 minutes from the island. All ages and experience welcome! Anglers can hit the "grand-slam" from their front porch, with World class fly fishing for tarpon, permit, and bonefish, quite literally at our door step. Daily deep sea fishing trips for Wahoo, Kingfish, Marlin, and a host of other fun fish, depart from Isla Marisol daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Isla Marisol Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Marisol Hotel Glovers Reef Atoll
- Isla Marisol Dangriga
- Isla Marisol Resort Belize/Glovers Reef Atoll