This place is perfect for people like my husband and me - very remote, lots of walk to activities, delicious local food, and very informal. Major bonuses were air condition at night and a shower in our cabana. This is not a luxury resort so if that is what you are looking for then this is not the place for you but they certainly have luxuries for an extremely remote island (ac and showers in each cabana, wifi in the dining room). We are not exclusively divers and we would definitely return to the resort. We came hoping to kayak, which we did daily, but we also did many other activities We snorkeled around the fantastic patch reefs, and a couple of larger reefs. They took advantage of low winds to take us to an incredible reef that is only accessible when the waters are calm. The owner took me on two trips, when all the other guests were diving. The dive master, Mara, included me on some of the dive trips when there was nearby snorkeling. We also paddle boarded frequently. There was a lagoon, which was more placid for learning. It was just great to have all the activities accessible all the time without waiting. We were able to just walk out our door and kayak or snorkel or paddle board. The waitress and housekeeper, Analisia, was so kind and kept track of everyone's food allergies and preferences. She noticed our screen door wasn't working and had it repaired that day. The resort was very Belizian, which was very nice. Some reviewers have mentioned problems with connections and transfers. This was not the case for us. Everyone was prompt and insured we everywhere we needed on time. The owner, Eddie, is very professional and concerned for his guests enjoyment. We went fishing one morning and the fantastic cook, Ms. Jen, used our catch for several meals later in the week. Again, the meals were always healthy, fresh and local. We hope to return to this amazing little island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Isla Marisol Resort lies on a pristine, secluded palm-studded island on Glover's Reef Atoll (a UN World Heritage site) in Belize. Of the five inhabited island on Glover's Reef, Isla Marisol is the only one offering private en-suite bathrooms, fresh water showers, hot and cold water, air conditioning, and daily housekeeping service. Isla Marisol Resort also offers frosty cold libations at our infamous "over the water" bar and phenomenal Belizean style food in our dining room. Incredible watersports are just a stone's throw from the resort, with most diving and snorkeling sites just 5-15 minutes from the island. All ages and experience welcome! Anglers can hit the "grand-slam" from their front porch, with World class fly fishing for tarpon, permit, and bonefish, quite literally at our door step. Daily deep sea fishing trips for Wahoo, Kingfish, Marlin, and a host of other fun fish, depart from Isla Marisol daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Isla Marisol Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Marisol Hotel Glovers Reef Atoll
- Isla Marisol Dangriga
- Isla Marisol Resort Belize/Glovers Reef Atoll