“Pretty average”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Bella's Backpackers
Brisbane, Australia
“Pretty average”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place is pretty chaotic. The staff are hardly ever around to assist or even check people in, though when they are they're helpful and courteous. The lay out is terrible. The kitchen/lounge/party area is in between the two dorms and the music is loud until late (you can't turn it down, I asked). The two bathrooms are inside the dorms so between drunk people banging in and out, turning lights on and leaving the door open to let in all the noise, don't expect much sleep. The kitchen is decent, bit lacking in space and equipment. Wifi is not very good but they do provide a communal laptop. The beds smell of damp and are pretty average, as is general cleanliness. Toilet paper took a day to be replenished and the bathrooms could use a good scrub. The worst part for me was the smoking policy - people even smoke in bed! Disgusting. If you're a partier, this is for you. If not, try somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Corozal Town, Belize
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I love staying at Bella's for the relaxed vibe and the fun people. Sitting on the dock watching sunsets, cooking dinner with cool folks, reading in a super comfy hammock, just a few examples of sweet things you can do at this awesome place:) I've been out to Caye Caulker quite a few times and I can tell you that if you want a fun, social, and laid back vibe, Bella's is definitely the place to stay.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was a great place to stay. Really comfy and so easy going. If you can get the private in the attic. You wake up to 360 degree views of the entire island.

If they are putting on the seafood BBQ make sure you do it. For 6 dollars I got a lobster and a crab claw curry! So delicious.

1 Thank Dijon M
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Bellas has some good things going for it:
-good location
-attractive price
-social atmosphere

Unfortunately the bad outweighed the good in my experience. I'm the type of person who loves socializing, and in particular the communal vibe found at most hostels. Thing is when I run out of steam I just want to go do my own thing and chill out for a bit. This is why I often look for private rooms - it's the best of both worlds for me.

Bella's has a couple 'private' options. They are only private in that there are four walls around you. The windows are just open mesh, so as far as noise it is abundant.

My night here was right as I got off a long flight, entering Belize. I would have loved to stay up a little later and hung out, but I just didn't have the energy. Even with my earplugs the noise was excessive. It didn't abate until 3am, which was a little excessive for me. I love a social place, but I don't want that forced upon me. That's why I decided to head somewhere else, so I could do things at my pace.

Also beware: the 2 bathrooms I had access to are quite poorly maintained. One lacks a functional sink, and the other lacks any sort of locking mechanism on the door. You would probably be cleaning by not using the frigid showers in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Bellas is absolutely great. I camped there for about 5 days and never worried about a thing. Jeff is always around if you need anything and the lockers are safe and there are even security cameras! It's super easy to meet people staying here and have a good time.If you want to have fun stay here!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KendalMarie
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Its a backpacker place, they have bikes and canoes for use of the people staying there, kitchen. Not the cleanest of places but they do clean it everyday, well, its not easy to stay clean with a full place.

Jeff the "manager" is a cool and dry guy and pretty much tries to make everyones stay pleasant in his very special way, things changed when he was around, we had anti mosquito burning sticks and the tv on... which we used for 30 mins but it was a nice gesture. He got us some free entrace to a bar that was charging 5 BZD to enter.

If you are looking for good times, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Choose be beds close to the front, the ones in the back gets more mosquitos since you are closer to...