“Peaceful vacation spot”

and 1 more site!
Blue Wave Guest House
Ranked #12 of 32 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was a wonderful spot to have a relaxing vacation. We spent the first half of our days scuba diving and then relaxed the rest of the day. The rooms were very clean to begin with and were cleaned daily. The bed was soft and the hammock that was provided was a wonderful touch. The location was wonderful as well near the middle of the main road which allowed a short walk to everything. When I return to the island I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would recommend the rooms facing the ocean to get a cool breeze to keep from getting hot while in...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thin_blue_line_230
There are newer reviews for Blue Wave Guest House

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed in Blue wave for 5 nights. The room was OK. A good bed, fan and a small table. You really don't need much more in Caye Caulker... the common (out door) kitchen was OK. Everything worked but a freezer was something we were missing. We visited Caye Caulker during the off season so all the hotels were quite cheep. I can imagine the blue wave is a bit more expensive during the peak season.

Room Tip: try to get a room at the back. The streets are sprayed with moskito repellent in the evening, so the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stayed in one of the cheaper rooms with shared bathroom ($22US), which was perfect for us as backpackers. The rooms were spacious and clean, as were the bathrooms. The location is perfect, right opposite Ragamuffin tours and close to the Split. There is a basic outside kitchen available if you want to cook, which is handy if you're on a budget. All rooms come with fans (possibly some of the more expensive ones with air-con too). One thing that was a bit annoying was that they would not give you the wifi password, they had to put it in for you, which isn't ideal on a Sunday when their office is closed all day and you have to search about for someone to put it in for you. We enjoyed our stay here but I do have a few concerns over their security (hence the average rating), the gate to the road was open all night and there was an attempted break-in while we were staying. Perhaps locking it and giving guests a key would deter this and make guests feel a bit safer. Having said this the island does not feel dangerous.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rosats148
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Seaview from second floor front facing first street and beach, tour office for water sports immediate. a short stroll to "The Split" for swimming and sunning and drinks. Good basic room with bath and deck. TV And Wifi. Office sells phones and international calls. Rooms in back for budget, but front room just 70 USD, a bargain for the view. THis is laid back island life but diversion enough in evening for the younger set. there is a night club on the Caye.

Room Tip: Room 1 is my choice.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2011

my girlfriend I stayed there for 2 days .the hotel was nice we have private bathrooms everything was really clean the location was the best possible we had a really really good restaurant right across street called femi's the location was a little out of control but close enough to where you could walk there in 3 minutes and you could walk to the swimming hole in the other direction away from town so it was very centrally located

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank jbezy520
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Based on reviews I read on TripAdvisor, I recently booked a week at the Blue Wave Guest House. Your opinion of Blue Wave will depend on what kind of traveler you are. I can see why some people like this place and why others might not. I stayed in one of the rooms that had a shared bathroom. The rate was $22 US per night which is one of the best deals on the island if you ask me.

I felt the accommodation was average. My room consisted of a bed, desk, mirror, nightstand, and electric fan. Very basic but if you’re doing activities and running around the island all day, do you really need anything more? The room itself was clean and I received fresh towels every day. The shared bathroom was not an issue. There are two bathrooms shared between only three rooms and they are kept pretty clean. One bathroom has a toilet and sink. The other bathroom has a toilet, sink, and shower. I never had to wait to use the bathroom. If you are traveling with a few people, it may be worth it for each person to get their own room and you would be sharing the bathrooms with people you know. My room never got too hot and there were nights I slept without turning the fan on (I was there in October).

The staff at Blue Wave is friendly and pretty much stays out of your way unless you need something. Free Wi-Fi is offered and it’s not as slow as you might expect. Blue Wave also has a nice little dock that is for guests only. It felt really good to sit on this dock and gaze at the stars in the evenings while warm wind was blowing. This experience alone is worth more than the $22 per night. The location of Blue Wave is also a positive. It’s close to the Split which is the best (and pretty much only) place to go swimming and there is a convenience store nearby if you need snacks and water.

My only advice would be to stay away from room 1A if possible. It’s located next to the front office and patio area so it can get a bit noisy in the mornings. No big deal if you usually wake up early, but you might get annoyed if you want to sleep in. Overall though, at $22 per night, there is nothing to complain about. If you’re a no frills traveler, you probably won’t be disappointed with the Blue Wave Guest House.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mr_St_Kav
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights in Caye Caulker. We shopped around almost all hostels, gust houses and Blue Wave was definately the best. great location overlooking the beach, very very friendly staff and owners. A few deferent options depending on you budget but great value all round.
We also dived with Frechies who were a great dive company.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo