Maxhapan Cabanas
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
$120
  • Pool
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$71
De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Beachfront
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
$52
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$85
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Caye Caulker Condos(Caye Caulker)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsher husbandfree bikesnice sandan amazing hostthree roomshot waterlovely ownersconch shellstake great pridemain draggood nights sleepbike rentalscomfortable bedsgreat careperfect stayfresh towelsvia email
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stumbled upon Maxhapan Cabanas through the recommendation of a friend, and I was not disappointed. The cabanas felt extremly private and secluded and I didn't have to worry about the noise from the person in the next room like in a hotel. At under US $45/night it offers the best lodging, at any price range, on the island. It's located on the south end of Caye Caulker, and for those travellers worried about hotel location, don't be - every place on the island is within two minutes of the beach.

The owner Louise was by far the friendliest person I met on my trip, and that is saying something in Belize. She made sure we had everything to feel comfortable. I was provided with a beach towel, a bicycle to get around the island and a hammock to relax in after a good swim. The cabanas itself are immaculatly designed with a modern shower, hardwood floors, air conditioning (a lot of cabanas on Caye Culker don't have AC), a mini-fridge and microwave. Louise does all of the housekeeping personally and does an impressive job. There is even free wifi access. The grounds are wonderfully designed with HUNDREDS of big, pink conch shells and the sand is raked every day. There are also two common areas for guests to further relax and bring visitors - one of which is a beutiful two-story, thatch-roofed, outpost just beside the magnificent bread-fruit (maxhapan) tree. I would recommend Maxhapan Cabanas to anyone visiting Caye Caulker!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MIKE M
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We spent 3 nights at Maxapan, and would have stayed longer only there was no vacancy for the rest of our stay at Caye Caulker. The owner, Louise, keeps a Very nice, very very clean and homey place for a very good price.
We needed to store our luggage very early in the morning on the day of our departure, because of a scuba diving trip, and Louise took care of everything for us, and kept it locked and safe till we returned.
Great front yard and complimentary bicycles made the stay even better.
We had a great experience and we highly recommend Maxhapan Cabanas, just make sure you book ahead!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RonyLahav
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Super cute cabanas on a beautifully landscaped and spacious yard. Great price ($50US a night) and probably the best accommodation for this price. Louise was very helpful and friendly. Free bikes to use and free wifi. Very clean rooms and Louise cleaned the room each day. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JennyLovesAsia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I looked long and hard for the perfect place to stay on Caye Caulker. I looked at hotels in the hundred dollar range, with pool, without pool, with jacuzzi, without jacuzzi, on the ocean, not on the ocean, in town, out of town, gheez, at the end I was confused on where to stay.

We came to Caye Caulker to dive, eat and sleep and that about sums it up. And all we needed as far as accomodation goes, we found at Maxhapan. Not on the ocean, who cares? We where ON the ocean all day long. No pool, who cares? We where IN the water all day long. A spotlessly clean room, a hot and strong shower, a lovely balcony, hammock, TV, internet and quietness, YES that is what we needed. And we found it all at Maxhapan for half the price of all other hotels I was looking at!

Louise was prompt and courteous replying to my emails. She welcomed us warmly and familiarized us with our home away from home. And she kept our cabana spotless for the duration of our stay. We found new bottles of water every day, she offered us free bicycles and gave us two breadfruit from her gigantic tree to take over to Rose's for them to make us breadfruit chips. She was always there when we needed something. The whole place was very charming and kept meticulously clean, we felt like we where the only guests.

Maxhapan is just on the edge of the hustle and bustle (if you can call it that) of Caye Caulker, So it's quiet but you can still walk everywhere. We walked to and from Belize Diving Services and to and from dinner every day and every night, we even walked to the Split, no problem. A grocery store for sodas, wine, beer, etc is right around the corner and they open late.

No bugs......correct. NO BUGS! None, nada, silch. The whole time we where there. I was reading literally hundreds and hundreds of reviews of anything on Caye Caulker before we got there. And I packed "OFF", I packed Mosquito coils, Bug Wipes, you name it, I brought it. I used none of it.

Maxhapan is special and I can very highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank exsea
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here from July 6-11 on the first leg of our Belize vacation. We could not have been happier with our choice! Louise was such a warm, gracious hostess. She cleaned the cabanas top to bottom every morning, she was always around the property in case we had questions or requests, and before we left she was quick to reply to every email I sent her. Even though the property isn't right on the water (which probably explains the really low price per night), we never felt like we were cut off from the island. It's a quick trip to almost anywhere you want to go--even walking up to the Split only took about 15 minutes. The wifi always worked well too. My only suggestion would be to replace some of the bicycles (they come complimentary for guest use). Ours had pretty uncomfortable seats, so we only used them a couple times. But beyond that, I have only positive things to say! Some of the best memories from our trip. :)

Room Tip: The top room in the double cabana is great--it felt a bit more spacious than the bottom one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple