“With an address like that,what else could it be?”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ocean Pearle Royale Hotel
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Ocean Pearl Royale was a great place to stay.The owner, Gertraude, was efficient and helpful.The rooms were comfortable and clean and Gertraude changed sheets and towels everyday.We were in the main building which has a spacious communal area with rooms off it. The wifi was good and there is a book exchange.
The price was very reasonable too;very good value. Nice garden too with chairs, tables and swinging hammocks. The only downside was that we could only stay for 5 nights and so we had to find another hotel after that and it was nowhere near as clean or comfortable. I highly recommend the Ocean Pearl.There is no swimming pool or restaurant but with The Split just 200 metres away you don't need one and you have enough eating choices on Caulker.

Room Tip: If you're after clean,comfortable accommodation at a very reasonable price then you can't do...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ocean Pearle Royale Hotel

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Although I read all of the great reviews on the Ocean Pearle prior to staying there, I really didn't expect it to be as good as it was. We had 4 rooms, all but 1 bordered Wet Willy's - which wasn't a problem, even for my husband who can't stand ANY noise and is a very fussy sleeper! Contrary to what other reviews said, they aren't opened all night - they close when the dinner crowd is over - around 9-10 PM. Speaking of Wet Willy's - eat there, the food is great! OK, more on the rooms - they are clean, beds were comfortable, coming from me that says a lot as I have 2 bad hips and I had no problem with them. My only problem there was we had no hot water and it was very disappointing - 3 of the 4 rooms had no hot water - I meant to ask Gertraude about it, but I forgot. Speaking of Gertraude - again, contrary to what a few said about her, she is friendly, just very reserved and you have to start the conversation; I found her warm and caring! The location of the Ocean Pearle was great and access to the beach was great as well. The yard outside of the hotel was beautiful; all plantings were chosen by Gertraude and were much appreciated by both my husband and I who are avid gardeners! The overall ambience of the hotel was much more than I expected and it exceeded ALL expectations! WOW, worth much more than the cost; we certainly will stay there again - probably check out the cabana's which we didn't know about before! My only regret of the whole trip was not spending time in San Pedro; we chose not to, as we loved Caye Caulker and our time was limited!

Room Tip: Honestly, we had no problems with any of our rooms - no noise on the Wet Willy's side as other c...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank merleidaho
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We are beginning our second week in one of Gertraud's cabanas and we couldn't be more pleased with the accomodations. The cabanas at the Ocean Pearl Hotel have the three most important amenities we look for in our travels, comfortable beds, hot water showers and cooking facilities.
The cabanas are set in a large, peaceful garden where you can sit undisturbed on your porch, visit under the trees with other guests or just catch a hammock nap in the sun or shade.
Gertraud and Frenchie work hard to keep the hotel clean and safe while promoting the "Go Slow" lifestyle prevalent to Caye Caulker.
We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the garden side maybe somewhat quieter than those that back on to Wish Willy's restaura...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I loved staying in a casita at Ocean Pearl! It had everything I needed for just $45 (U.S.) a night, including a mini-kitchen with hotplate, A/C, a flatscreen TV, a private bathroom with hot water, a cute porch with chairs & hammocks, & a comfy bed. The owner, Gertrude, was friendly & the location on a quiet side street was perfect for me. It's still very close to town & the ocean, but far enough away that it stays quiet & safe. There were a couple of huge cockroaches in my casita, but I guess that's island living. This place was an excellent value & I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Caye Caulker is beautiful Island who changed over the last 20 years in a positive way. There is a range of accommodations to stay in anybody’s budget. In all this years I found the perfect please to stay, Ocean Pearle Royale Hotel. It’s just a half block away from the water front, clean rooms with a shower and your own toilet. The basic rooms start from U$ 30. - a night and the ones with air-conditioning you pay a little more.

This hotel is a little north on the Island just 3 minutes from the Split and 1 minute from Frenchie’s Diving. If you visit the Island by water taxi or plane and have luggage with you I suggest to take a Taxi cab what has a flat rate on the Island. And with taxi cab I mean Golf carts.

Room Tip: My rating is based on the price and comfort at this low budget hotel. I am sure a 4-star hotel is m...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pnijssen
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Less than $30 USD for a private room with bath and hot n cold water. The great room is cozy as well. It is hostel style so you can hear people in the common room and the adjacent rooms. It's clean comfortable and you can have your room turned with fresh towels if you want.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We arrived on the island for an additonal two days at the end of our trip with no accomidations planed. We walked around until we stumbled on this place. The price was good but we had two twin beds for my girlfriend and I that didn't move together even though the lady said they would. The room didn't have A/C or a fan so we had to keep the window open... next door is a bar which was loud all night making it difficult to sleep. Its not just next door, it was right outside our window and LOUD! The bathroom was OK but I couldn't get past the black toilet. (I hate those!) The hotel was safe and had a cool open feel. There was free bottled water for guests and FREE RUM above the fridge what said "drink me," so we did! Its a nice place, but check your room out first and see if you can get on a different side that doesn't border the bar.

Room Tip: Check out your room and make sure it doesn't border the bar next door. If so, ask to move.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple