“Really Fun and Professional. ”

Frenchie's Diving Services
More attraction details
Owner description: Passionate about diving, dedicated to sharing what we love. That's why we dive 7 days a week, all year, and that's how we've built our business on reputation. With more than 70 years combined experience, our captains, instructors and divemasters create a safe environment in which you can explore our Caribbean wilderness.And our signature is small groups . . . We are PADI Certified and also a DAN World Business Member.Dive sites are Hol Chan, Blue Hole, Turneffe North, Spanish Bay, Turneffe Elbow, Coral Canyons.We also do Overnight Camping trips. 6 dives - all inclusive
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Fun and Professional. ”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Best dive shop on the island. Great people and great diving.

The only downside is the fairly small boat which goes to the blue hole. Makes ya feel a bit sick if it's choppy.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Almost excellent”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We are a couple who dived on 3 days with frenchies and overall I am glad I chose them. Just one small issue which stopped them being excellent.

We arrived in cage caulker and went to chat to them. We spoke to a helpful, personable guy and explained we hadn't dived for 4 years. He said we would have to do a refresher course which made me feel safe and reassured. We said we wanted to dive the blue hole and he said he would recommend some warm up dives first - again good advice. We also went to see bds and although their office is much plusher we and our lack of recent experience was said to be a "problem" so on that basis we chose frenchies.

On day 1 we did our refresher course with ed, a caye caulker local. it was excellent. He was calm, very professional and reassuring. He was very kind and had all the time in the world for us. We spent a lot of time going over everything before we went out in the boat. We the did a shallow dive on the house reef where we worked through the refresher exercises and then went on a lovely reef dive. We had some time out, received feedback on the boat about buoyancy and the did a second buoyancy skills focused dive. After this careful and kind instruction I genuinely felt like my diving was better than it had ever been, despite having done about 25 dives before. Our equipment was new and worked well and ed was also good at showing us marine life. Worth every penny.

Day 2 was the only day that went a bit wrong. I think the issue was that we turned up on time and everyone else had turned up early. Our equipment from the day before had been given out and there were 2 boats going out so we only had older equipment to choose from and it all looked quite tired. This time we went out in the boat to esmerelda. Be warned, once over the barrier reef the sea is rough, but the crew prepared us for this and looked after us very well, doing the briefing etc before we hit the reef. On the boat was an open water course, an advanced course and our fun dive group being led mike, an American. We were put in the water which is inevitably rough and told to descend and meet group at the bottom. When we got in, my boyfriend realised his BCD would not inflate and had a tear. I shouted this to mike on the boat who didn't believe me. He then got in and checked and agreed this was the case. He then said that we should continue with the dive anyway, presumably conscious of the people waiting down the bottom. I refused. It had been made clear during the safety briefing that if we got low on air we would ascend and do a safety stop with our buddy. I did not want to ascend with my boyfriend, alone with a BCD that would not inflate, in open, rough water. After I insisted, mike swapped his BCD with my boyfriend. We then went on to have a very fun enjoyable dive. The site is gorgeous and the marine life is amazing. We also had a second excellent dive.

On day 3 went went on the trip to the blue hole. We went out with armbands, snake and and another guy (sorry can't remember his name). All were excellent. A basic but very nice breakfast of coffee, bread and preserves was provided. The trip is very rough but all the crew prepared us for this and took good care of us. It is 2 hrs30 mins so if you don't like rough water I would consider this carefully. We divided into 2 groups of 6 divers, one advanced and one open water qualified. We were given the most detailed briefing on marine life and safety I have ever received with very clear, sensible instructions. I found the blue hole dive very special and unlike anything i have done - very glad I did it and very good guiding by armando. We then had a lovely lunch stop at half moon caye. I can't really understand why some people have complained they weren't entertained enough on the lunch stop. The lunch was simple but nice and the island is beautiful. Our fun group had a lovely time hanging out together. The second and third dives were very beautiful. On the way home the whole boat had a fun time and were given rum punch which was a great ending. I felt like we all really bonded! I loved the way the guys turned it into not just a day out diving but a fun day trip. On this day our equipment was great.

Just to note, I pointed out the faulty BCD to staff back at the shop and we agreed it would be thrown out.

So that's my whole experience. All in all, I loved the care, experience and fun shown to us by ed, armando, snake and the captain guy, but mike, dude, on this kind of occasion, the customer is always right. If they point out there is an equipment problem, you need to sort that right away, never suggest that they make do. It was all fine because I was assertive about it, but don't let it happen again. One issue away from being excellent.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kat19b
Boise, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Outstanding experience”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

These guys are pros very accommodating to our family which included two experienced 30+ dives each certified divers and three brand new never dove before young teen divers. Took us on our family only dive ; were pragmatic kind put safety first. Teens became very comfortable in water and were great by second dive. Armando and Joey are Caye chaulker natives so know best dive Spots. Great for recommendations for all other things on island too!! These guys are amazing and their services are priced fairly

Koh Tao
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice guys - bad service”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

This dive operation was professional and the staff were all nice and helpful. The gear was in good condition and they gave a thorough briefing to the divers before we entered the water.

I did a day trip to Turneffe, beautiful diving, I strongly recommend this atoll. When we went the wind was very strong, so we had a bumpy ride! Frenchies' dive boat is a bit smaller than some of the boats other dive schools on the island have, which means a less comfortable ride through the waves!

We tried to go to the Blue Hole with them but they had to cancel due to wind and waves, totally understandable. However we did notice bigger boats from other dive schools went that day..

When it came to refunding the money for our Blue Hole trip their service shocked me. I'm an instructor at a dive school in Thailand so I understand good service and theirs was poor. I waited patiently for my refund but after one week thought I had better inquire. They assured me it would be there the next day. Three days later still nothing, so I called again, and they said they would check the bank for me to see where my refund was...I gave them my details and three days later, I had still not heard from them. I called again and finally someone admitted to me they had forgotten to process the refund, so if I had not been chasing it up, I would never have received my £145 refund. I finally got it back 18 days later. Thanks guys!

I'd recommend them as a dive school but keep your receipts if you're getting a refund!

Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Blue Hole Dive - a great dive experience”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My partner and I did the Blue hole dive with Frenchies and were not disappointed. I admit that I was a bit hesitant to go with Frenchies, as opposed to the much more expensive competition, but I'm glad we went with them in the end. The equipment was new and/or in good condition. The staff were friendly and professional with adequate group sizes to ensure safety. On our dive there were three instructors each with groups of 4-5 divers. My instructor was Armando who was really fun and friendly and was continually checking to see that myself and all the divers in his group were ok. Although we were open water divers who could only dive to 18m we dove slightly deeper so that we could view the start of the stalactites. But again, I felt safe the entire time and appreciated being able to see what the Blue Hole was about, not something you could do at 18m. The other two dive sites, Half Moon Caye and The Aquarium were also great dive sites with healthy, colourful fish and reef/coral. We saw lots of marine life including turtles, rays, moral eel, sharks etc.

Visited May 2014