“Great adventure”

Frenchie's Diving Services
More attraction details
Owner description: Passionate about diving, dedicated to sharing what we love. That's why we dive 7 days a week, all year, and that's how we've built our business on reputation. With more than 70 years combined experience, our captains, instructors and divemasters create a safe environment in which you can explore our Caribbean wilderness.And our signature is small groups . . . We are PADI Certified and also a DAN World Business Member.Dive sites are Hol Chan, Blue Hole, Turneffe North, Spanish Bay, Turneffe Elbow, Coral Canyons.We also do Overnight Camping trips. 6 dives - all inclusive
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went out to the Blue Hole with Frenchies Dive Shop. It was quite an adventure! We experienced some stormy weather and the captain and crew managed it perfectly. The captain was skilled at maneuvering the “perfect storm” waves and the crew did a great job at making sure all of the guests were comfortable and safe. Before each dive we were properly briefed and equipment was checked to make sure we all had a safe and fun dive. My husband had a hard time equalizing at first and Frenchie himself stayed with him until they felt safe to keep going. The food was amazing. The lunch was delicious and home made by Frenchies family. We had a great time and will definitely go back with them if we ever return to Caye Caulker. Thanks for a great adventure!

There are newer reviews for Frenchie's Diving Services

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I did my Advanced and Rescue Course in Utila, Honduras. The Dive Schhol there warned me that some places in Belize had a flexible approach to safety and recommended Frenchies. Upon arrival in Caye Caulker, in a tropical storm, I found myself in the worst hostel I have ever stayed in in my life! And had to pay for 2 nights in advance! The next morning I paddled through the street to Frenchies. They not only booked my dives but arranged accommodation for the day after next at a lovely hotel (OK, it is run by Frenchies Austrian wife, Ocean Pearl, lovely place).
The day of the Blue Hole, my watch was still set 1 hour later due to travelling, Frenchies came and woke me up and got me to the boat. Thanks guys, if you want a National Geographic Magazine dive, that was it. The other 2 dives that day, lunch on Half Moon Island and the rum were just iceing on the cake.
The next day I did another 2 dives with Frenchies, all cool.
The boat is probably the best I have seen in Central America, the equipment is near the top, the atmosphere excellent.
The Dive Masters are professional and over critical, that is not a negative for me but a positive. If you break the rules, put others in danger, take a 40m dive as a joke, you deserve to be told off or banned from future dives. I saw them do this to, believe it or not, a Dive Instructor! Good on you Frenchies! I feel safe with you.
So, if you want to dive in Caye Caulker, I really recommend this place. Am sure there are other places there which may be good but I only had 4 days there and they were great.
And, we had a good laugh as well and a few beers too!
I'll be back once I pass my Dive Master Course! Beware.
Simon

1  Thank Simon H
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Frenchie's runs a good operation and definitely takes a more hands off approach than other shops I have dove with. Divers assemble their own gear and are more responsible for their safety. I did the blue hole trip with them because Belize Diving was booked. As to guides, they are pretty comparable. One concern I had was that one guide touched a lot of coral, picked up objects and bothered marine life with a snorkel.

As to equipment, Frenchie's large boat is like comparing the average greyhound bus to a first class bus. No bathroom, small covered seating area where you sit in front of your tanks, slippery deck, little shelter from rain, etc. There is no bathroom anywhere at Frenchie's- not on the boat and not at the shop.

If you are planning to dive off Caye Caulker, I recommend spending the extra money, RESERVE IN ADVANCE and go with BDS. They run a tight operation, their boats and facility are spacious and comfortable and their staff is professional and knowledgeable. All rental regs come with a dive computer and the gear seems new and well maintained.

6  Thank Julia H
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went diving with Frenchies for our blue hole expérience which was the highlight and the very reason of our trip to Belize.
We had a great time with them, the 3dives were each more amazing one than another.
And frenchies were both professional and set a great atmosphere the whole day. They have brand new top notch equipment and are very serious about safety (they cut short the dive of another group after they went deeper than they were supposed to on a second dive)
The blue hole is a great experience, and we were lucky enough to have sharks and a turtle, and the 2 following dives half moon Caye and aquarium are great with tons of tropical fish and beautiful surroundings.

1  Thank Emslily
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently dove the blue hole with Frenchies. I have to admit, this company was not my first choice but all other quality companies were book, they all recommended frenchies. I was added to their waiting list and when an opening because available I was able to slide in.

The staff was very good. I was just getting over a cold. I informed all the dive masters on the boat. Before diving our first dive they went over all their signals, expectations, safety, and other procedures. I respect that they all go down as a group and come up as group.

The equipment was good as well as their boat. The driver was very cautious not to drive over any reefs on our way and back from the blue hole.

Overall, I was very impressed with the dive and friendliness of all the diving staff.

Two thumbs up! Great job guys!

1  Thank AllieRu