“snorkeling in the blue hole”

Frenchie's Diving Services
More attraction details
Owner description: Passionate about diving, dedicated to sharing what we love. That's why we dive 7 days a week, all year, and that's how we've built our business on reputation. With more than 70 years combined experience, our captains, instructors and divemasters create a safe environment in which you can explore our Caribbean wilderness.And our signature is small groups . . . We are PADI Certified and also a DAN World Business Member.Dive sites are Hol Chan, Blue Hole, Turneffe North, Spanish Bay, Turneffe Elbow, Coral Canyons.We also do Overnight Camping trips. 6 dives - all inclusive
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Even though the main area for the snorkeling tour I did was the blue whole, I actually liked more the other two places we stoped. Probably the blue whole is a great place for diving, but it is not that good for snorkeling. I mean, it is quite impressive to be there! The view is interesting, for sure, but it only gave me the feeling that I would like to go donw, instead of just floating up.

But the other two snorkeling areas and the place we stoped fro lunch was all really nice! I had an incredible day!

The tour agency , Frenchie's did a great work, and Frenchie himself looked like a nice person to me.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"marine life"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed November 17, 2013

After speaking to a couple of dive shops my husband and I chose Frenchie's for the laid back attitude and great loyalty discount. Although their boats are a little smaller than those of Belize Diving Services for example, there were fewer divers on the trips and therefore quieter dive sites. The dive masters were all very knowledgeable about the sites and had a great sense of fun. The equipment was not new but kept in reasonable condition (though always make sure you do your buddy checks even if they tell you its fine!).
There was a good variety of trips and we went diving with them for 5 days over a week. We also did the Blue Hole trip with them which was really excellent (and a tick off the bucket list for me).

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I went with Frenchies for my Blue Hole dive because that's who most of the locals recommended. I did hear about their accident that occurred earlier in the season with a lady getting decompression sickness, but from what everyone said, it was an isolated incident. At any rare, if they had sub-par practices before, this must have motivated them to be extra cautious. I was really impressed with the level of professionalism. I dove with a few shops in the area, and this was the only one that had me assemble and check my equipment instead of just doing it for me. It had been a while since I had done so, so one of the dive masters walked me through the process as a refresher and I felt confident in my equipment and their safety procedures before even getting on the boat. The briefing they gave us was also extremely thorough and they were very explicit with their safety instructions regarding accending, etc. I had a great day of diving at three really interesting sites, plus an island stop of for lunch at a bird sanctuary. I was really impressed with my personal experience with Frenchies.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Unfortunately we were involved in a diving day trip (8/11/13) which ended in a lady having to spend the night and 15 hours in a hyperbaric chamber on San Pedro due to poor professionalism from our dive leader, Carlos! This lady was a only recently OW certified and this was her deepest dive (24m) at Turneffe North. The briefing was and equipment were ok by he most part but Carlos seemed off and dismissive of things from the start. Early in the dive this lady was showing distress and he tried to calm her as we descended, but then quickly returned to showing fish and leaving her alone. She panicked and ascended and he let her go and continued to lead the group. Unfortunately none of us really saw her ascend or how much panick she was in. In the end we were called back to the boat by the captain to find her cowering on the boat and in need of hospitalisation! Luckily she is ok from all reports (we checked with the dive centre this morning). There were 7divers to 1 guide and he just let the panicked diver ascend alone.
Don't get me wrong, the other staff and the facilities at Frenchies were great, and frenchiess and Dominick were very professional when we returned to the dive centre.
Hopefully they learn from this horrible experience which could have ended much worse!

4  Thank JPescape