“Amazing dive trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frenchie's Diving Services

Frenchie's Diving Services
More attraction details
Owner description: Passionate about diving, dedicated to sharing what we love. That's why we dive 7 days a week, all year, and that's how we've built our business on reputation. With more than 70 years combined experience, our captains, instructors and divemasters create a safe environment in which you can explore our Caribbean wilderness.And our signature is small groups . . . We are PADI Certified and also a DAN World Business Member.Dive sites are Hol Chan, Blue Hole, Turneffe North, Spanish Bay, Turneffe Elbow, Coral Canyons.We also do Overnight Camping trips. 6 dives - all inclusive
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing dive trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

In november 2012 I was diving in the Blue Hole (40m), Half Moon Caye (18m) and The Aquarium (18m). Jose was my divemaster. It was the best dive trip ever!
In the Blue Hole we saw sharks and those impressive stalactites. Half Moon Caye has beautiful corals. Here we saw a manta ray, turtles (who stayed with us during the dive) and a lot of fish. The Aquarium is really like an aquarium. We saw a lot of fish and those gracious eagle rays!

On the boat and during the dives I felt very safe. When I god seasick (I always do, doesn't mather how big or luxury the boat is) Jose was really caring. During the dives he was very calm and relaxed and so were my buddies and I!

After this amazing dive trip the staff, my buddies and I 'evaluated' the day with a beer at The Split. I loved it!!!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

When you dive with Frenchie's, ask for Greg. He is the Gypsy King and lucky charm of Caye Caulker! He is one of coolest people and dive instructors I ever met. If you dive with him he will teach you all about the local sea life +++ more. I promise you will have a good time. I also recommend hanging out with him after dives for dinner, drinks, + more. He knows all about music styles and has a crazy CD collection. I wish I could have stayed for longer and gone windsurfing with him. It is bc of people like Greg that will make your trip awesome!

Also, contrary to what many people might say--the Blue Hole is NOT overrated. It was my favorite dive trip. Whoever says that it is overrated does not have the right expectations. The Blue Hole has incredible gigantic stalactite formations and is a good place to see reef sharks. You must be advanced open water certified to go deep and enjoy, though. The whole trip consists of three dives and you will get to see more colorful marine life during the other two dives. You also get to stop for a lunch break at a beautiful island. My only wish is that the island stop would have been longer since it is so beautiful.

I dove for 4 days and did Esmeralda for two days. (The first time I got lucky and saw lots of sharks.) The second time I was not as lucky. I wish I would have stayed longer and gone on the shark and ray alley tours that are offered around the island. Also, Turneffe was supposed to be a popular dive but I didn't see much. Perhaps, it was the bad weather-?- Overall, though, Frenchie's is a great dive operator.

I wouldn't give much thought to their guest house recommendations since I had trouble with mine. See my post about Blue Wave Guest House. I would just look around for the best available rooms and/or service.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Professional and good fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

The only reason for a 4 instead of 5 is that some of the equipment is a little bit past it - that's probably my only criticism.

Some guy from Israel has reviewed below saying that Frenchie's let beginner scuba divers down to 40m at the Blue Hole. I find this very hard to believe, given that the Open Water (18m) qualified divers were only allowed down to about 20m or so, the Advanced Open Water or higher were the only people allowed to 40m+. Possibly a change since that person wrote the review but wanted to point out Frencie's professionalism in this respect (there are other companies here who let anyone go down to 40m).

Lunch good and the other two dives spectacular, and a great bunch of guys to boot!!

Oslo, Norway
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Laid back, yet professional, diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Did my Open Water Diver and Advanced Open Water Diver @ Frenchies Diving in late October 2012.

Great outfit with a friendly and service-minded staff!

My instructor for my two PADI courses was Hilary - a brilliant girl who combines 10 years diving experience with a friendly and pedagogical way of teaching/instructing.
Together with the rest of the staff she made the courses fun, interesting - all with and underlying professionalism.

After competing my PADI courses I went on their day trip to the Blue Hole.
It is a 2 h boat ride to get out there - and with some waves it can be a bit rough if you not used to being out on boats (none of the people in my group had any problems) - but it is worth the trip.
On the Blue Hole dive we saw 10-12 sharks on the way down to 35 meters - and the drip stone formations at the max depth were awesome.
The trip includes 2 more dives (coral reef, stingrays, shellfish, barracudas, cool fish - and a turtle) - lunch on the boat - and a visit to the Half-Moon Caye bird sanctuary.

I had a great time diving with Hilary, Carlos, Julian and the rest of the guys at Frenchies!

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Decent diving experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I went to Caye Caulker in April of this year for a diving/beach trip. We booked our dives through Frenchie's diving because it was so close to our hotel. We stayed in the Ocean Pearl Royale hotel and the great thing is you get a discount with Frenchie's when you stay there. The original owner (Frenchie ;)) and his wife live in the upstairs of the hotel and they are both extremely accommodating and kind. We spent a few afternoons sitting out in hammocks and shooting the breeze with Frenchie.
I enjoyed my diving experience with Frenchie's as a whole. The dive sites were great and the staff was good at finding the less popular areas with great marine life. For the blue hole dive they make sure you are the first boat out there that morning so you don't deal with lots of other divers. Most of the staff were helpful and friendly but, just like any dive shop, there are a couple of staff members that are more sarcastic and not as helpful.
The only down side to Frenchie's is that the equipment is rather old and worn - especially the wetsuits- and the boats are pretty basic. The long ride out to the blue hole dive feels especially long on these small hard boats. There are no bathrooms and a lot of the seats are not cushioned.

Visited April 2012