“A hidden gem”

Reina's
Ranked #9 of 117 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Caribbean, Seafood, Central American
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Reina's is a small locally own restaurant on the middle street of Caye Caulker Serving Local & Caribbean breakfast, lunch & dinner with a great selection of fresh local seafood grilled or cooked to your specification! We also offer the Best prices on the island!
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

If you want somewhere that’s actually Belizean you won’t be disappointed coming here.
Set back on middle street in a residential area, we struggled to find it at first.
But it was worth searching for!
The menu is a board on the wall with a good selection of local dishes. The cocktails are surprisingly good (we’ve come across some pretty bad ones while on Caye Caulker so weren’t expecting much). I had a panty ripper (coconut rum, pineapple juice and some kind of cherry stuff, my husband had a habanero margarita. He loves anything spicy and has had a few jalapeño ones, but this was even better.
This place doesn’t do straws which is great, but my husbands lips were on fire!
So I had to make him one out of a business card I had in my bag!
It’s really laid back. Plastic chairs and tables, sandy floor and the smallest kitchen! Try to make sure you don’t sit near the menu board as it’s also next to a drain which was pretty smelly!
The food is really good (we had the jerk chicken)but what really made it for us were the guys working there. Hilarious!
Big smiles (and not fake ones!), laughing and joking constantly and taking the time to explain anything you want to know about the menu or drinks.
Nothing is too much bother.
It’s our last night on the island tonight and we’re going back there...and we never go back to the same place twice!
Can’t recommend this place enough.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Try Reina’s our based on the reviews and glad we have it a try. Firstly the place is busy and quaint so be patient. Food was made fresh to order and very tasty. Drinks were great and staff friendly.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019

This restaurant was recommended to us by our host Juan at Colindas... and was the best food we had in our 4 night stay. Great food, service, prices and a fine mojito too! We had wished we had gone back.

Reviewed March 30, 2019

Locals tell me the establishment really knows how to grill

Not a budget place but good for splurging for dinner if you're on a budget

I would go again. I like the homey dim lit vibe it had. It's in middle street, so near residential homes and not near touristy places. Open air sitting area with the grill in front of the restaurant.

Menu is written as chalk on wall, and it is extensive.

Food was good and came out in a reasonable time. If I hadn't been traveling on a budget I would go again. I had snapper but can't remember what exactly it was.

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

My wife had the shrimp with pineapple and she loved it. I tried the jerk chicken for the first time in my life and it was really nice. We also got the punch special. Friendly service, tasty food, cheaper than most, food came reasonably quickly. Small place in the non touristic part. Overall great value