“Perfect location, great staff, great bar. Overall wonderful experience!”
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed July 15, 2009

We stayed in cabana 1 right by the water. The room was nice (our only complaint is that larger windows would have added so much more as the sea is RIGHT there). Its well decorated, colorful, clean and we felt at home. The roof top terrace was so nice to have- we used it to just relax and spend time together and enjoy the view. The pool was always clean and it was refreshing to take a dip. Uno Mas bar has great decor, really delicious drinks and the staff really cool to hang with. Well worth the cost and if we go back we'd stay there again. We had a great meal at Syds based on the managers rec, Rainbow was alright- great view. We had a great time partying at IandI and Oceanside- the people we met from Caulker were so kind and generous. Dinner at Habaneros is must! Chef Roy is really talented .. he cooked snapper that we had caught and it was delicious!! Ellen our waitress really nice and attentive. Great place. If you're interested in fishing look up Eloy. He is an extremely professional fisherman who taught us a great deal! Because of him my husband was able to catch his first bonefish. Very skilled and kind. We cant wait to go back!

1  Thank travelhoney

Reviewed July 12, 2009

After 4 nights in a jungle lodge, we had reservations at costa maya beach cabanas which was overpriced for the fact that there was herds of cockroaches. For a little extra money we switched to seaside cabanas for the remainder of our 4 nights in caye caulker. The rooms are immaculately clean, and the pool feels great. Conveniently located near restaurants and water taxi. The only thing I can say is that I left my crossword puzzle and sandals by the pool for a bit, and never saw them again....not sure where they went. No biggie....I just went barefoot. If we come to Caye Caulker again, we would stay here.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank pinkstons
Reviewed July 6, 2009

You get what you pay for at the Seaside Cabanas, it is more expensive than other hotels on the island, but then it is also much better! I stayed in room 15 on the first floor, which was spotless, aircon worked a treat and the shower hit the spot just right.
The reception staff were helpful, we booked in a couple of days before as the hotel was full for Lobster Festival, and the room was ready as promised. The pool area is great, you can relax with a pina colada all day long!
On my final night I arrived back on the island after reception had closed and had to leave on the 7.30am boat to Belize City, this was not a problem and my card was charged the correct amount..
The location is fantastic, it is literally at the end of the pier, and close to restaurants and bars - Caye Caulker isn't that big!
For a little luxury with island life on your doorstep, Seaside Cabanas is definitely the place to stay!

Reviewed July 5, 2009

Just showed up looking for a room for a week after an unhappy experience at another Caye Caulker property (De Real Macaw; see review), and Mary at the front desk gave me what seemed like a decent deal, knocking $20 a day off the regular price. Moving here was the best thing I did all week. This place is a notch above just about everywhere else on the island, and although it's expensive for CC, it's quite reasonable by real-world standards. I stayed in room 16, which was a simple, extremely clean room on the second floor. About the worst thing I can say about the room was that it was a bit dark - needed to get a reading lamp from the front desk - and the A/C struggled a bit when the temperature hit 90. But the bed was great, the shower big and powerful, and the view of the pool and sea was spectacular. The wi-fi worked great, too. Don't underestimate the importance of having a pool and lounge chairs. There are very few places on CC to swim and sun, and it's a wonderful thing to be able to hang out in comfort right at your own hotel. Nice people here, too, and it's pretty much within a 5- or 10-minute walk to anywhere. If you're past the backpacker stage and want to be comfortable, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank iraform
Reviewed June 14, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Seaside Cabanas for 5 nights and we loved it. The staff is excellent! They're helpful and very friendly. The location is fabulous and I liked the coziness of this small resort. There are some great photo opportunities with the landscaping and wildlife. We were there during the slow season and it was fairly quiet even with most, if not all, of the rooms occupied. The A/C wasn't really strong but at least it cut the humidity in our room. I saw other reviews that mentioned the concrete slab in lieu of a box spring on the mattress. We didn't have a problem with it at all and slept great. We would definitely stay here again.

I have only a few complaints...
1. They don't provide beach towels.
2. They work with Big Fish Dive. I extremely urge you ask them to work with another dive shop if they're arranging your diving or snorkeling. We had an absolutely terrible experience with Big Fish. Seaside's staff was helpful in assisting us with getting our issues worked out with Big Fish though.
3. We had cabana #6 on the 2nd floor which we enjoyed. My only complaint about the room is that the early(!) morning sun shines through the balcony door window onto the bed.

Restaurants around Caye Caulker...
We were looking for more authentic, local-style food. *Be prepared to pay for water by the bottle and iced tea by the glass (and it's a powder mixed tea) everywhere you go.* Here's what we found:

~Jenny's - this is a small burrito stand down the road from M&N Apartments and next to the liquor store. The breakfast of fry jacks, ham and eggs is great and the chicken burritos are wonderful for dinner. You can easily eat 2 or 3. She's only been in business a few months. Show her some love and try her food - it's great!

~Marin's Restaurant - great local seafood. I had snapper and my husband had shrimp. This was my husband's 2nd favorite shrimp plate and my favorite snapper plate. The shrimp ceviche is excellent too (and I don't like shrimp at all)!

~Rainbow Grill and Bar - seafood. Again, we had the snapper and shrimp. It was good, but tasted very much like what we'd get at home. The fried conch is excellent - very fresh.

~Happy Lobster Restaurant - great local seafood. We had barracuda and shrimp. The barracuda was fine. It was my first try and I now know I prefer snapper. Their shrimp was my husband's favorite plate of all the places we went.

~Syd's Restaurant - variety of local food. This restaurant didn't leave any lasting impression on me. I don't even remember what I had. My husband had the stewed chicken and fried conch - they were ok, but didn't stand out.

~Amor y Cafe - coffee shop. I thought the coffee was horrible and there were no free refills. I had a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast which was pretty good.

~Tropical Paradise Restaurant - we didn't eat here but some other guests at Seaside said the food and service was bad.

~We had tamales from two different walk-around vendors and weren't impressed with either one.

~The fresh pineapple and coconuts are great - don't forget to try them from the local vendor stands.

4  Thank Durwood0123
seasidecabanas, Owner at Seaside Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2009

Hello,

Thank you very much for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Seaside Cabanas.
Just a couple of points. We certainly do give out pool towels. There is a notice in every room to ask at reception for them. You would have seen all the guests round the pool with the same blue towels.

In regard to Big fish dive shop. We have just made the decision last week after several problems with this shop to no longer use them and to work exclusively with Belize Diving Services wherever possible for our guests diving needs. They are a well established dive shop on the island that is now under new ownership. The new owners are a very professional couple from Canada/USA and we are getting very good feedback about their service.

Again thank you for your feedback it helps us to continue to improve our guests experience.

Regards

Simon

Reviewed June 11, 2009

This hotel is right to the left when you get off the ferry. It's very comfortable and cute. The staff was very friendly. The pool was beautiful and relaxing. We only stayed one night but the rate was reasonable. It's a beautiful island.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Seaside Cabanas for two nights at the end of May. We loved the laid back vibe of Caye Caulker and Seaside Cabanas! Despite what other posters have indicated, we thought Seaside Cabanas was charming and a good value. There may be other inexpensive, no-frills options on the island, which are targeted more towards backpackers on a budget, but Seaside Cabanas is definitely one of the nicest hotels on Caye Caulker. We thought it was well worth it and the hotel definitely lived up to our expectations.

Seaside Cabanas is centrally located on Caye Caulker, an easy walk from the water taxi dock and has a great pool and view of the ocean. We spent most of our time at the pool, where we met other hotel guests and enjoyed cocktails from the bar.

Our room was small but clean (room 16 on the top level) and had everything we needed. The only negative comment that I have is that hot water was in short supply and our air conditioner worked but wasn’t super cold (wasn’t really an issue since we spent most of our time at the pool anyway).

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. They offered to call to help us modify a flight reservation, without us even having to ask. We LOVED Jabalos (sp), the Bartender. He mixed up some awesome drinks and we enjoyed talking to him. He provided service with a smile and was always ready to help!

Overall, Seaside Cabanas is a great, quaint hotel with a warm and friendly atmosphere and was our favorite beach destination during our trip to Belize!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
#15 of 19 in Caye Caulker
Athens Gate Beach Resort
Athens Gate Beach Resort
#3 of 54 in San Pedro

Been to Seaside Cabanas? Share your experiences!