“Wonderful!”
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed only one night, they did not have availability for 2 nights. What a beautiful location, clean and decorated so colorful. It was amazingly clean. We wish we could have stayed longer. The staff was very nice and happy. We thought the one lady at the front desk could have been a little bit more friendly. My only complaint is the bed is ROCK hard. It does not help it is sitting a concrete slab. But the shower was great, pool was fabulous and like I said it was so clean. I would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room there, all face the pool or ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I picked this hotel blindly and when we arrived I truly felt in all my travels I've never picked a better hotel. It had everything we wanted and at a very reasonable rate. The views are amazing, the pool was wonderful, their bar was really quaint and colorful and the location was perfect. You are right on the beach and the view from the pool makes it hard to decide whether to take a dip in the pool or just walk out to the sea. The rooms were colorful, comfortable and simply decorated. The AC in the room was just enough to help escape the sun. We will return here and reserve the cabanas up front and they have an individual roof top deck and hot tub with even more amazing views.

Room Tip: Enjoy the pool as there were not many hotels on the island that had them. Get out and walk the stree...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 1966Worldtraveler
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Coming from a place on Ambergris with impeccable customer service, Seaside Cabanas felt a bit cold in comparison. The hotel grounds are nice, probably the nicest on the whole island, but I had a few issues with my stay. When I was taken to my room, they had the door wide open and the AC off, so I was sweating the first hour in my room and battling all the mosquitos. In fact, the two nights I stayed there I encountered mosquitos, ants, and spiders. I'm not super squeamish about bugs, but felt this could have easily been avoided had they kept my room closed before checking in. I was attacked by the mosquitos at night. The bathroom is pretty clean and updated which was a plus, and the morning complimentary coffee and pastries/fruit were a bonus. The pool looked nice...people kind of parked in their spot around the small pool so I felt a bit weird about climbing in surrounded by people on their chairs.
My largest frustration however was the day I checked in, the woman at the front desk booked me for a morning snorkel trip the next day. The next morning, a different woman told me my trip was no longer happening because the company had decided to book a large group and the individuals just weren't going on the trip any longer. I practically had to force the woman to sort out a new option for me, and she got me on an afternoon boat. However this screwed up my schedule for the day, and no discount was offered for the inconvenience. Just a 'sorry about that!'. All in all, the hotel is fine...it just depends on what you expect from your stay on this small island.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the second floor to avoid close exposure to people hanging out at pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights in a family room , for three adults. Everything was as expected, comfy beds, clean,, friendly staff and front desk and bar/breakfast. Breakfast was on time every day, fresh fruit, buns, coffee and tea. Staff was helpful in tracking our delayed bag for us. I would stay here again in a heart beat. Nice breeze and great location. Very quiet too, slept great!

Room Tip: Next time I would book a room with roof top Jacuzzi...but they only hold 2 persons.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We spent 8 nights here as part of our honeymoon in June and we loved it. We stayed in room 18 which was lovely-on level 1 it has its own kitchen/living space and an outdoor bed and hot tub on the balcony and then upstairs you have another balcony with a fantastic view and a lovely bedroom and bathroom. We dived for 5 days we were here so didnt spend much time by the pool but always seemed to be plenty of space. It is in a great location 2 minutes from the water taxi drop off and all the staff were so welcoming and went out their way to make sure we had a great trip- one night they even helped my husband surprise me with a meal on our private balcony overlooking the sea- they arranged it all with roses restaurant, set the room up and served us the food-in my experience it is very rare to find this level of service without paying ALOT extra but seaside was great value for money. We went to ambergris after and stayed in a much fancier resort but we definitely preferred seaside!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank sj112
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Seaside cabana is beautiful, the location is perpect, the rooms nice and breezy, and the service top-of-the-line: helpful and organizes everything competently. They let me know within no time that I'd forgotten my cellphone -and immediately offered to mail it to my home address.
Will for sure go back.

Annemarie

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2013

the location of the hotel is great - a 5 minute walk with suitcases to hotel located on the beach. It is a pleasant clean hotel with a nice pool. While walking around we always look at other places and this for us was the best on at caye caulker. Front desk very helpful. Breakfast in the morning while basic was perfect - fruit, cinnamon buns and coffee. Later in the day a Belikin at the bar or a cocktail.

Room Tip: On overlooking the beach. As we were a family of 4 we booked #17 the only 2 bedroom unit. It was per...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
#15 of 19 in Caye Caulker
Athens Gate Beach Resort
Athens Gate Beach Resort
#3 of 54 in San Pedro

Been to Seaside Cabanas? Share your experiences!