“Amazing stay, great location, wish we were still there”
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
La Jolla, California
“Amazing stay, great location, wish we were still there”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We absolutely LOVED Caye Caulker, and this hotel was perfect to take advantage of all the island had to offer.

Our favorite parts:
* rooftop hot tub overlooking the ocean...can't beat that.
* location - super convenient to everyone you want to and beautiful views
* free breakfast - it was REALLY good
* free wifi - we could still facetime home, check email, etc. if we needed to (rare, but appreciated)
* posh pool area
* well maintained and clean rooms
* friendly service

We hung out with some of the guests as the pool in the middle of the hotel definitely facilitates meeting other travelers and making friends, which was a nice perk. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick the cabanas closest to the ocean, although second closest to the ocean is totally fine (what we...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nnnick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Seaside Cabanas is one of the higher end offerings of Caye Caulker, although still a relaxed mid-range type hotel. Overall, it got close to meeting our expectations, but it has some limitations. Perhaps this just reflects Caulker; prices escalate due to foreign tourists, but the vibe is still a backpacker island with some rough edges. The best thing about Seaside is the friendly housekeeping, reception and other staff. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and responsive. The location is also great, and overall it is nicely polished and maintained property. The pool is the ace feature, as the swimming options on Caulker are limited due to seaweed, boat traffic and the fairly average entry and current at the split. The pool and surrounding area is well kept and relaxing, although it can be quite crowded and, during our stay, became an all-day catch up venue for US visitors. There is little privacy.
We stayed in an upstairs room overlooking the pool and the ocean. The room and bathroom was fine, and the AC is pretty luxurious in the humid summer months. The view and breeze is great, although the balcony area is narrow and not ideal, as other guests cannot walk by while you are sitting there. The terraces on the ground level rooms looked more usable, although less private. (The Cabanas with private roof terraces looked much nicer.)
The electricity went off three times during our three night stay, which also shut off the water entirely. When we asked, we were told this was maintenance on the island that affected a number of properties, and was anticipated. However no-one told us what was going on in advance.
Consistently with how the hotel describes it, the breakfast offering is, at best, simply a gesture. A few sweet buns, some melon and coffee sitting on the bar...available until other guests eat it up.
I am not sure there are better options on the island, however that doesnt convince me Seaside Cabanas is a great choice. It probably depends how highly you rate the pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KateinNYC
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 17, 2013

For those expecting a luxury resort, Caye Caulker is not the island to stay at. But for Caye Caulker, this place is stellar. It's really cheap for a view of the sea. Plus, there is a small pool that is quite casual, low key, and very friendly. It's a great place to meet people of all ages. And wi-fi works well. I would come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 great nights here. The hotel is nice and small and it's on the seafront. it is beside the water taxi to San pedro or Belize city and there are a few nice restaurant near by. Jacuzzi on the roof top was great to have a drink and watch life going by.

• Stayed June 2013
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I loved this place last time I visited and just had to come back! I was able to choose my room and stay in the same Cabana I last stayed in which was a real treat. All of the staff are knowledgeable and helpful in whatever way you might need. The location is the best being only steps away from the Caribbean Sea and near Front Street where all the restaurants and local happenings are.
If you want a nice clean room with AC that cools within minutes, a hotel with the only pool in Caye Caulker, a relaxing, tranquil atmosphere, then I would highly recommend Seaside Cabanas. Although I rarely stay at a hotel more than once, I can hardly wait to return for my 3rd visit!

Room Tip: i loved Cabana #6. I would recommend this Cabana or any room facing the water.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a beautiful little hotel in an excellent location. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is wonderful.
It does not have a " fitness center" or a restaurant so reviewing those is silly. It does have a nice little Bar and a swimming pool. Don't worry there is ample food on the island and plenty of opportunity to exercise.
I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 11 on the second floor. It had nice views. Next time i would try to stay in one o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Seaside Cabanas was a Great place for my Family to stay. We felt safe and secure. They have a security guard at night which was nice. The rooms were very clean and bedding was comfortable. Having A/C is great and all the rooms have ceiling fans. The pool is nice with plenty of seating and shade if desired. It is a Quiet place to stay even though its location is near the water taxi and next to a street.
We loved the complimentary breakfast everyday (fresh bowls of fruit, fresh rolls from the bakery and coffee. Pretty much a full meal which will save you money by not going out for breakfast daily.
The staff are always busy here. Cleaning and working on small projects. We did have an issue with our A/C so I went to the office and Israel immediately looked at it and fixed it within 15 minutes. I have seen other posts that were negative about the staff and I really cannot complain about one thing. They were GREAT! There were other families staying here during our stay and most of the rooms were full. I never heard one complaint from anyone during our nine day stay.
My family will stay here on our next trip to Caye Caulker. No reason to look any further. If you want off the beaten path but still have plenty of activities and varieties of food then Caye Caulker is it. Experience the island life here. Just make sure you take a look at Seaside Cabanas.

I want to personally thank the entire staff. You were all so great to us and my family thanks you.

Room Tip: Room 17 was perfect for the four of us. our kids shared a room and my wife and I had privacy in our...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
#20 of 53 in San Pedro
Ramon's Village Resort
Ramon's Village Resort
#13 of 53 in San Pedro

Been to Seaside Cabanas? Share your experiences!