“Homemade Heaven”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We are a married couple (mid-forties and early fifties) who visited Caye Caulker in May 2014.

We ate here on our 3rd evening and WOW is the best word that comes to mind. We did our dinner research on TA before the trip and had scoped out this place based on the wonder reviews it receives. When we arrived about 7:45 all seats were taken but a group instantly said 'we are about to pay & leave, you can have our seats' so we hung around outside the establishment for just a couple of minutes and we soon had a table to ourselves. Armando took our order quickly & delivered our drinks and entree's promptly. Armando is very personable and we really enjoyed our discussions. His wife and him split out the food chores (one makes the pasta & one makes the sauce) and they seem to make great team. We found out that they have only been on Caye Caulker in the restaurant business for 8-9 months and this is a great accomplishment as they are always ranked #2 on TA.

We had seafood pasta dish that was out of this world. The prices were very good for homemade pasta. If we ever get back to Caulker I'm hoping we can catch the Lasagna, as Armando says he put it on the menu twice month and the locals stand in line to get his Lasagna. My husband had the Pan Cotta for dessert and loved it. I'm not a fan of Pan Cotta but I did try it and still am not a fan (nothing do to with Pasta Per Caso, just my palate).

The restaurant is very small, with open air seating but it was truly a pleasure to have Armando serve us some wonderful Pasta.

Raul & Jennifer

1  Thank Jenn123444
There are newer reviews for Pasta Per Caso Anna & Armando

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I love the concept of having fresh ethnic cuisine! Although Belize has a lot of wonderful local places, sometimes you just want something different!

My husband and I had the pleasure of trying Casa Per Caso. WOW is all I can say! The homemade pasta is fresh and made daily, and the taste is incredible. They only offer two choices a night, but I think this is fantastic. You know that the two dishes are going to be amazing, and it makes ordering easy. We each ordered a dish and shared.

The dessert was fantastic, and the owners are so friendly. What a gem in Caye Caulker, and highly recommend!

2  Thank Rachael B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had dinner here one night. What a treat! Limited specials on the menu makes it feel like a cafe on a side street in Trastevere! Very good food served outdoors, cafe style. Bring bug spray for your legs although they have on hand.

1  Thank tazycanada
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I visited Caye Caulker this past weekend and this was one of the first places we wanted to try, mainly because of the good reviews we read here in Tripadvisor. We had to wait about 15 mins to be seated, the space was very crammed. if you are looking for a place to have an intimate or private conversation with a partner, i do not think is the place for you. If you do not have a problem rubbing elbows with a perfect stranger while you eat then you wont mind the crammed feeling. As far as the food, they offer two specials a night. The food was OK, it was not the best pasta you will ever eat but it is good. You get a healthy portion for the price and the guy there is very nice and welcoming.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

My daughter and I ate at Pasta Per Caso. It was very good. I had the carbonara and she had the vegetarian option of Sorrentino. Both were excellent. The owners were very friendly and explained the options very well. It was also reasonably priced.