“Great Italian Restaurant!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2014

One of the best home made pastas I've had. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was comforting.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were at a loss where to eat on our first night on Caye Caulker. I thought we should be eating something local - like ceviche, however, saw this place and decided to try it. You dont think you feel like pasta after a 17hr flight but you SHOULD. The BEST pasta I may have ever had. A super nice Italian guy running the place with his wife cooking the sauce in the back. 2 pastas offered per day. Communal table seating. So so good.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Magnifico!!! Freshly made pasta, a simple menu, large portions, great service, wonderfully tasty, reasonably priced, exquisite coffee, what more can you ask for. Anna and Armando you will be successful; your restaurant is superb. Best on the Island. Bravo!!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stopped in one night by chance, and ended up having the best pasta of our lives (unanimous vote from 4-member family). So we came back again for a repeat performance, and of course the result was the same - sheer perfection. Armando and Anna make all their own pasta and their attention to detail shows through in every way in this endearing little patio restaurant. Doesn't get any better than this.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

A lot of people use the word "best" liberally on Tripadvisor, and I am not one of them. When I say "the best Italian restaurant I have been to", I mean it. I live in Montreal and travel a lot to New York City, where you can find a lot of authentic Italian restaurants, but none of them compare to this tiny one in Caye Caulker. I believe it is because they home make everything including the pastas everyday fresh, and also they use spices. It might be only a matter of taste, but I love the spices they put in pastas in Central America, and the North American version is just too creamy and bland for me.
I believe you can only find Italian food this good in Italy.
We also had an enjoyable chat with the owner.
All the other meals we had in Caye Caulker pale in comparison to this one. I highly recommend it.