“Best of Caye Caulker and all of Belize”

Pasta Per Caso Anna & Armando
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aspen, Colorado
“Best of Caye Caulker and all of Belize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

My partner and I had the best experiences at Pasta Per Caso, it was so great we went three times during our 6 day visit. The owner does a wonderful job recognizing faces and names. They offer a very personalized and intimate atmosphere. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of food. Pasta is homemade each day and the sauces have very unique flavors. The limited menu makes it easy to order. One night there were three options so we ordered two for dinner and took home the other, as we did not want to miss out on any of it. Not going to lie we are going through homemade pasta withdrawals back in the states, nothing compares! We also really enjoyed the community tables, as we met some really nice people while having dinner each night. Service is relatively fast so it is definitely worth the wait if you show up and there is a line.

We will definitely be back and I can only hope that Pasta Per Caso will also be there waiting for us!

• Hebrew first
New York City, New York
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've been to Caye Caulker 8 times now and this new restaurant is a great addition to the island. It's one of the best meals on the island, and the staff is super friendly. Getting hand made pasta in Belize is a great treat, and they really pull it off. It's a bit expensive, but honestly worth the price. Be sure to have the rum cake for dessert!!!!

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
“Fantastic fresh pasta, local ingredients, and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was not expecting much from an Italian restaurant on a small Caribbean island; even so, this restaurant far exceeded my expectations. Their food is tastier and more inventive than most Italian restaurants I've eaten at here in home, or even in Italy!

The owner focuses on quality over quantity, usually making one or two types of fresh pasta per day, and tailoring his choice of sauce depending on which vegetables are in season and which seafood and meat he can buy fresh.

The pasta of the day was linguini; I had mine with lobster-rum cream sauce, and my companion opted for the basil-tomato sauce. Ordering was easy since those were the only two choices on the menu. The portions were large enough for each of us to share, and we both ate our fill of the dishes.

The service was cordial, the owner is very hospitable and friendly. I come from an Italian-American family and in some ways it felt like visiting the relatives. We traded Italian aphorisms after the meal.

Next time I return to Caye Caulker, this will be my first stop for dinner!

Delta, Canada
“Craving pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

This place was good. Food tasty, lots of flavour, but something holding me back from it being great. Perhaps the atmosphere? We were jammed in with others who smoked while we ate, very small

Visited November 2013
wickford
“Wooooooowwww thank you!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I'm 100 % Italian and I live abroad since 2004... Well ... Not only I'm Italian but when I was living in London I got so tired of eating in "Italian Restaurants" that served unheard Italian recipes that i open a business of Real Italian Chef abroad! Now I live in California where often you pay 23 US dollars for a pasta that doesn't neither exist in Italy!!! Really????!!!!
I'm quite busy so I rarely write reviews but... Anna and Armando... Amazing job!!! They serve only fresh pasta, home made on the day, there, in their little and cute restaurant, the sauces are so tasty and healthy, rich of good ingredient but not fat... Seriously!!! My children couldn't stop eating!!! This is not a review, this is a thank you!!!! Thank you Anna and Armando!!! Very proud of you!!!

1 Thank natasciawickford