“Great place for a drink”
Review of 88 West - CLOSED

88 West
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stopped by this place a few times on our trip. The food was good and the bartenders were friendly. It seems like both locals and tourists stop by this place. I would recommend checking out this place while on Caye Caulker.

There are newer reviews for 88 West

Reviewed April 11, 2014

The food here is terrific. I had the chicken tacos one night, conch fritters a second night. I usually ended up getting beers or rum & coke for my beverage. My girlfriend had the margarita (frozen), which was mediocre at best (and the only reason I'm not giving 5 out of 5). It tasted like a slurpee. Otherwise, this place is great. It is tucked back on the west side of the island by the iguana reef hotel. There was almost always a decent crowd, mostly locals and ex-pats. We stopped in for a drink most of the nights we were on Caye Caulker. The bartenders and folks in the kitchen were super friendly. If you're on the island definitely stop in. Drinks until 9, food until 8 or they run out.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went to this place last night for dinner, but the kitchen was closed. Instead we ordered some chips and salsa, beers, and margaritas and enjoyed the amazing sunset from their patio. The homemade salsa was very good, but the $7 US margaritas looked and tasted like a mixture of tequila and Squirt.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Our favourite bar on the island. Had recently reopened as I think the owner wasn't impressed with the service previously, so kitchen still closed, but we went back every night to watch the sunset and enjoy the £1 local drinks! Lovely bar staff, very friendly - can't recommend this one enough. Take mozzie repellent as they are a plenty on other side of the island!!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Casual, picnic tables, sunsets with happy hour. White sand and diving frigates. Quiet surrender of the day.