“A Fantastic Idea-- Glad Someone Thought Of It!”
Review of Friends restaurant - CLOSED

Friends restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating
Description: Middle-Eastern & American favorites served in dining room or outdoor terrace 50 feet from the Caribbean Sea. Enjoy the view of the World's 2cd largest barrier reef. The Trade winds blowing onshore from the East make for a pleasant Tropical ambiance. We serve Hummus, Babba Ganoush, Stuffed Grape Leaves, Kafta, Kibbeh, Veggie plates, Kebabs of all sorts, as well as US favorites.
Leon, Nicaragua
“A Fantastic Idea-- Glad Someone Thought Of It!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have no idea what made the owner decide on Caye Caulker as his final destination...but I am very glad he did. I would never have guessed I'd be able to find a big, tasty dish of hummus, replete with delicious pita, available on the island. To sit back, enjoy a beer and some falafel and a hookah, watching the people on the street and looking out over the ocean...well, that's about the best way to spend the end of an evening I can think of. We made it a daily habit, during our stay.

Oh-- and the prices were phenomenal...a truly outstanding value.

An absolute must, if you're on Caye Caulker.

One small critique...and it's not the fault of the restaurant, in any way....the loathsome SpongeBob statue across the way mars the view....someone should get rid of that, soon, if possible.

London, United Kingdom
“Not very impressed”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We weren't impressed with this place. On the day we visited for lunch they didn't have about half of the things on the menu (only found out when we tried to order them!) and the waiter was particularly surly. Of the food we did get, the falafel, tabbouleh and pita bread were pretty good, the hummus and ceviche were disappointing.

Tel Aviv, Israel
“*Real* Mediterranean food”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

After living in U.S. for a year, I really missed some real Mediterranean food. We had a late lunch here, and everything was freshly made and superb - the humus, the eggplant, the roasted chicken and the kababs.

1 Thank NathanielTA
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Didn't eat.”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Firstly I just wasn't to make it clear this review is based on the shisha, drinks and service. I was in here every night of my stay in Caye Caulker. Oussama ( apologies if misspelt ) uses a premium brand of tobacco in the pipes as well as proper charcoal in lieu of the briquettes. And ladies will be plotting to kidnap chocolate the dachshund!

• Visited November 2013
San Pedro, Belize
“Like my meal ”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed all my food at friends the lamb was very good
The hummus I had was delicious
Service was good and the drinks had good pours
Overall they are friendly as the name says and the food was good
I will go back