“Best food best vibe”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 11, 2014

On the beach, best food at the best price on Caye Caulker. I had the grilled snapper which was amazing. I ordered extra slaw. I never eat slaw but I couldn't get enough if this stuff. This is a beach bar. The staff is friendly, the food is real, fresh and wonderful. Let your hair down and enjoy!!

There are newer reviews for Pat and Stells

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband & I ate here our first night on Caye Caulker with a group of friends. The food was delicious and filling. The waterfront location is great! The only reason I am not giving it five stars is because the service was very slow.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Nice location, but avoid the restaurant.
We went for dinner, based partly in the pitch of the women on the street seeking customers.
Ordered two dishes, and waited, and waited, and waited. There were only two other tables seated.
The manager's explanation was that he hadn't given his chef enough prep time. Though what chef can't handle three tables in a reasonable time? And how can competent management not schedule prep time?
When the food came, it was mediocre. My wide had OK ribs, and I had a terrible shrimp curry. A splash of bland sauce, small, overcooked and tasteless shrimps, dried out rice and salad greens with no apparent dressing.
People at other tables ordered whole grilled fish, only to be told after a long delay that the fish had arrived, and burritos, which were unavailable because the restaurant had no flour for tortillas.
Two dinners, two drinks were $50BZ, or $25 U.S.
Even the basic look of the restaurant shows a lack of care. The seaside location is beautiful, but there's a rusted out barbecue at the railing and a jarringly bright fluorescent light on the roof, where neighbouring restaurants have Christmas lights.
Don't go; there are lots of much better options in Caye Caulker.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Love the curries and the staff. Second time there, great both times, but watch out for the home made habanero salsa - crazy hot!

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We rarely go to a restaurant that has a hawker out front trying to drag in customers, but two days ago we made an exception here and regretted it. The food was good enough but we left with the feeling that we had been taken.

Here's why. We sat down and ordered two main dishes and one "frozen coffee", pointing to a photo of that drink on the menu. My wife made it clear that she wanted no beverage. A little later I also added one rum and coconut water to my order. The hawker, who also seemed to be the manager, called out "two rum and coconut waters" to the waitress/bartender. I immediately got up, walked to the bar where they both were standing, and said I only wanted ONE. They acknowledged the correction.

Finally our meal order arrived and my wife and I began eating and continued our conversation. Soon the manager put TWO rum and coconut water drinks in front of us. I said we had only ordered one. He said I must have changed my mind. My wife and I corrected him. He became obviously annoyed but finally removed the (untouched) second drink.

Later, after we had finished eating our lunches, an elaborate coffee, chocolate and whipped cream drink arrived, bearing no resemblance to what I had ordered as shown on the menu and obviously more expensive. Sick of arguing over what was supposed to have been a relaxed and enjoyable vacation lunch with my wife, I drank the drink and without complaint paid the bill that included a price for that drink equal to the cost of my main course. As we were leaving, we heard another customer challenging his bill. Lesson learned.

1  Thank blueskiff