“Eat their food, do not feed it to the dogs!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Magandon
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Francisco, California
“Eat their food, do not feed it to the dogs!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our experience with the food was good. The food is expertly prepared and presented and can compete with high end restaurants in the US. We started with tasty Tuna Croquettes as our appetizer. They gave us puffed crackers with mango salsa instead of bread as a starter. We loved the pasta with lobster and shrimp, chicken piccata and the coconut crusted snapper with a delicious mango salsa. Their lime juice is very refreshing.

The only bad thing about our experience is that we were sitting outside on the deck and the table next to us decide to lean over the railing and feed stray dogs with their food. It was cute and sweet until one of the strays came onto the deck and to the tables. The waiters did not do anything about it, until we complained, as our daughter is afraid of dogs. I don't know if this is a common occurence, but it was a little disturbing.

Bottom line: Their food is excellent for human consumption. Beware, the stray dogs like it too!

Visited August 2013

“Terrible service! But big group there at the time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Entering the restaurant, we tried to tell a man standing in the archway that we wanted a table for two. Playing on his phone, we assumed he didn't work there and as we walked past, he said "excuse me-can I help you?" - he was also wearing a baseball cap which I found strange for a waiter. The service from then on was terrible and quite frankly, very poor. I felt so sorry for the lady who clearly owned the place as the waiter really let the place down. He told us we had to wait for our meal because of the other group and then when we asked for something like olives in the meantime, he shrugged and said "what?" in a very rude manner. Although I felt sorry for the manager/owner, she didn't come over to speak personally to the other tables who had to wait for about 50 minutes after ordering due to other big group. It has good potential but from our experience (mainly with the waiter), we wouldn't recommend.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JMcCarten
Belize City, Belize
“Great meal and ambience in caye caulker'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i ordered pepperoni Pizza and shrimp and lobster surfatelle, both were fresh and excellent. Service a little slow but we had drinks and enjoyed the conversation and wonderful sea breeze. Was worth the short wait to get fresh food so good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“A talented chef cooking with local flavor.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

You can only eat so much jerk chicken and rice, so this place is a real find for Caye Caulker visitors looking for something local but different. After 28 years in NewYork Italian Chef Lucas took over this place (formerly Don Corleone) and renamed it after his three kids. He grows the fresh basil in the back. The Coco mango snapper was bursting with fresh flavor. My companions are not fish eaters and loved the unusual pastas. I would have liked a crisp white wine with this meal but Belikan was okay. Good value at $12.50 US for a plate that would easily be $35 in NYC or LA. Fun location on the Main Street with water view. Don't miss it!

Ayangue, Ecuador
“Excellent fresh fish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I ate at Magandon for the first time last night. I ordered the coconut encrusted snapper and it was delicious and extremely fresh! The potatoes and carrots as sides were not that impressive to me, but the fish made up for it. The atmosphere inside was very nice and the service was great. I would recommend this restaurant.