“Fantastic”

Dee N' D's
Ranked #7 of 94 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Terry's isn't listed online. Things usually don't have an address on Caye Caulker.... I do have photos to submit though.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We loved this place and simply couldn't not go past the lobster. Terry was a really lovely guy and it is absolutely the tip of setting and meal you imagine and hope for when you go to Caye Caulker.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We visited Terry on the way back to our hotel on Front Street. His beachfront setup up is simple...a kettle grill, one chef (Terry) and a few picnic tables under the palm trees overlooking the ocean and the people walking on Front Street.

We ordered the jerk chicken and the shrimp kabobs. Meanwhile, the other cook grilling next to Terry (King Kabob), was giving us the evil eye for patronizing his competition. I joked with my husband that it was worth the voodoo hex, as Terry provided us with the best jerk chicken I have ever eaten in the Caribbean (even Jamaica!).

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We happened to pass Terry's lunch set up along the beach before the split on our way to the Lazy Lizard. He had just a grill and a cooler set up near a couple of picnic tables and a small sign. If he hadn't stopped us, we probably would have walked on thinking it was just some guy cooking his lunch on the beach.

We both ordered jerk chicken, then walked up the road a bit to find a bar to buy sodas (Terry doesn't do drinks for lunch), came back and waited about 15 min. When we were served our food, my eyes about popped. He served us enormous pieces of chicken with a boatload of rice and it was GOOD at a very reasonable price.

I sort of wish we'd gone back for dinner and tried his seafood, but with only a small amount of time on Caye Caulker we wanted to try different things. Next time, I guess...

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Upon arriving to Terry's, we chose a picnic table and relaxed, greeted within ten minutes by terry himself offering drinks and specials of the night. My husband choose the lobster, and I the snapper. After waiting for a reasonable hour my husband asked terry what the problem was... No lobster we come to find out. No problem! He will have the shrimp instead.. Again after another 45 minutes we were concerned that everyone in the resturant had eaten and left, and we still had not had our food. Being we had no where to go we weren't upset about the situation but again asked if there was something easier to prepare that we could eat instead. Terry replied that there was also no snapper. Again not a problem because neither of us really cared what we were going to eat, but we did want to eat. After 2 hours and 15 minutes of waiting our delicious food came out.. Really delicious. However, would I go back and wait 2 hours again...? probably not. if you want a local spot with great food you will not be dissappointed, just be prepared to relax :)

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We just got into Caye Caulker yesterday, and made the poor choice of visiting the restaurant next door last night. This experience was amazing and very reasonable, with a beautiful variety of food.

There were 3 of us and we all had the grilled lobster. WOW! The local lobster is to die for. Sweet, well prepared and cooked, and a plateful of side portions that's were indescribable. Portions were extremely generous, and the bill was very very reasonable. I have to say that I couldn't come near to completing my meal, so come here with a good appetite....make this your big meal for the day.

The owner and his staff are professional, personable and not stuffy. Everyone is attentive and interested in where you are from as well as sharing their cultural interests as well. They don't hover over you. We loved and enjoyed the easiness of dining at this fabulous find and have scheduled the next dinner for Christmas Day.

Like all the restaurants in Caye Caulker, this is very casual and on the west side f the island. They offer sunset dining and it really s breathtaking with all the local view of the water and foliage. It's very small, so reservations are suggested. The seating is relaxed and picnic table style. The atmosphere after sunset is dimmed light and candle light. Walking back to the Main Street can be a little dark after sunset, so plan to use your iPhone flashlight or bring one with.

This is a wonderful find, and we are so glad we went here. I feel like coming back to Caye Caulker wouldn't be complete without coming here.