“amazing snorkeling with an experienced guide”
Review of Mario's Tours

Mario's Tours
Ranked #16 of 37 Tours in Caye Caulker
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family of four had a super time snorkeling with Mario Jr and Sr. We stopped at 4 different places and saw all kinds of fish, sharks, turtles and even a manatee. It was wonderful. Great gear, relaxing, fun and good conversations. Would different go with Mario again if we go to Belize again. Two of even did the night snorkel with octopus and such. What a blast!

There are newer reviews for Mario's Tours

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have been on several snorkeling trips and have NEVER been so excited and pleased with our trip...this was amazing experience that I do not think anything will ever compare to! The guys were very informative and helpful. When we return in Dec we will be using these guys again!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife, my 7 year old daughter and myself thoroughly enjoyed 2 tours with this company. We signed up for the night snorkeling tour and the full day tour. Both were amazing. Mario was a little hesitant at first because this was my daughter's first snorkeling attempt and it would be at night. However, he had faith in the guides, Juan and Joe. He was right to have faith in them. They held her hand the entire time on both tours and really seemed to connect with her. We could see the genuine affection and concern for her. My wife and I were able to focus on the snorkeling because our daughter was in such good hands.

The night snorkeling was awesome. I had never experienced anything like this before. Swimming in beautiful warm water by flashlight is fun, but seeing octopus, squid, lobster, blowfish, and several types of fish is just incredible. We were even able to turn off the flashlights and see the luminescent fish.

We were told the day before the full day tour that they needed a minimum of 4 people to do the tour and we would have to go along with another group if more people didn't sign up. However, Joe and Juan volunteered to take just the 3 of us. I have a feeling they didn't get paid as much, but I could see that they loved their jobs and also wanted us to have a great experience. I can't express how great they were and how much they genuinely cared.

The full day tour was amazing. We saw all kinds of fish, two kinds of sea turtles, 3 kinds of sting rays, nurse sharks, a Murray eel, etc. Swimming with sharks and even touching them was a once in a lifetime experience. Joe even held one and talked my daughter into kissing it and said, "now you can tell all your friends you kissed a shark". I seriously doubt that most other guides would have provided her with that experience.

In short, we are extremely glad we chose Mario's Tours. There are dozens to choose from and I am confident that we chose the best one for us.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Mario and crew provided us with a full day of excellant snorkling. They have a great selection of tours. We took a full day tour and they know the area so well it was 3 great stops (plus a little extra). We saw and did everything that was promised and made us feel like we were a part of their family while we were there. First class hospitality and professionalism.

1  Thank TerryCatlin
Reviewed May 24, 2013

If you want to go snorkeling on Caye Caulker, which you should there are 20 places to choose from, how do you choose. We had no idea who to go to until we just stumbled into Mario's. it was quick and easy to sign up for the next day. We come back the next day, get our gear which I was happy with, some snorkel gear is crappy, but this was pretty good. We went out and Mario was very knowledgeable about Belize as a whole, friendly easy going, the young guide we were with was really good. He knew these waters and the animals. I saw him pat his chest and a sting ray jumped into his lap and slid over his shoulder, just like an excited dog. It was fun, wear sunblock or a tee shirt!!!

1  Thank Rachel A