“GREAT!!!!!”
Review of Mario's Tours

Mario's Tours
Ranked #16 of 38 Tours in Caye Caulker
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Mario provided wonderful personal attention on a overnight tour from the caye to the mainland and very resonable prices. His extensive knowledge of Belize was very helpful. We would highly recommend him for visitor looking for a well managed and exciting tour. His tour associates maria young and Remus were very knowledgable and helpful.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was very excited to snorkel when I got to Caye Caulker on the world's second longest reef. Carlos' snorkeling trips were recommended to us, but he was booked out for several days and we would've been gone by the time we could've snorkelled with him. We decided to go with the guy next to Carlos' place and that was a bad idea. It was only my second time snorkelling so I was a little frustrated with Mario when he just jumped in and said follow him without giving me or my boyfriend enough time to get used to our gear and make sure it was placed properly and working right. As we swam off I realized water was constantly entering my snorkel and I spent the next 20-30 minutes trying to keep up and figure out what was wrong. My boyfriend realized his mask was too small for him and was spending that whole time trying to keep water from coming in his mask. When we got back to the boat to head to Shark Ray Alley I told Mario I thought my snorkel was leaking and he said, "Well are you doing everything right?" I said I didn't know and I need your help. He basically brushed me off and my boyfriend said hey we both need different gear because ours isn't working right. He said he didn't have any extra and some of the other more experienced people on the tour were very kind offering to switch us gear. We ended up finding a random snorkel and mask on the boat and switched. Visiting shark ray alley was awesome, but I was a little apprehensive because Mario didn't give any information on the sting rays and sharks we were swimming with, after our trip my friend told me that the sharks don't have teeth. Overall, snorkeling off of Caye Caulker is awesome, would highly recommend it, but just not with Mario.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Mario's was recommended to us by Luciana at Oasi Apartments. We got nearly a 3 hour tour for $35 USD per each. And there were only 6 of us in the boat. Joel was well spoken and explained what we'd be doing and where we were going. Our first stop was kind of an initiation to the water, no fins. It was a delicate area and he didn't water to stir the water and cloud our visibility. Our next stop was Shark Alley and again he stopped the boat away from the target area and explained what was going to happen. When we got there we were ready to jump in. The sting rays and sharks immediately gathered near the boat. Joel had prepared a length of pvc pipe with holes in it and with chum inside for them to feed on. He also threw handfuls into the water and drew more. The nurse sharks were not interested in us poor old humans. They and the rays were after the delicious treats served by Mario. Both of them would brush by you and hurry on. We had to watch below our feet in order we didn't step on one. They were very plentiful. Another boat from Mario's was moored behind us and there were as many there as were with us. It was an interesting and exciting adventure. One large Nurse Shark was really interested in getting the last morsel from the tube. I retrieved the short connecting rope and tugged the tube along leading the shark. It would nudge the tube and suck in the surrounding water and then squirt the sand and water out of it's gills, all the time with me an arm's length away. I had a very plain and remarkable view of the shark and it's eyes. Other sharks had their sucker fish attached. The water was very clear and we weren't deep. Joel gathered up a sting ray and showed us the barb near the tail. It wiggled away so he gathered another one. He also hugged up a shark and showed us. There were so many sharks and rays n the water you could not count them all. AND they were swimming between your legs and brushing past. Joel also showed us the ray's mouth as he fed it some more good stuff. Our trip to the coral was interesting but the highlight was the sharks. Between stops he had water and fruit for us. We both agree we'd do this again and the value was great.

1  Thank PATSYandSTAN A
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My 14 year-old son and I took the half day snorkeling trip to shark ray alley and it was one of the best experiences in my life. Do not leave Caye Caulker without doing this tour if you enjoy swimming with and touching nurse sharks and rays.

Mario took us to all the places we needed to go, fed us fresh fruit and water, and told us stories of his grandfathers and grandmothers, of the buccaneers and the Spanish and the land of the Maya. As we headed back to the island we were exhausted.and satisfied and basking in knowledge that we had just done something amazing.

1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Did a snorkel tour with Marios. It was great. Nice small group, our guide was great and told us the names of all the things we saw. We even made an extra stop that wasn't part of the tour and got to swim right up next to sea turtles and rays. Would definitely recommend going with Mario's.

1  Thank sarahsinthesky