“Surprisingly Good Vegetarian Option”

Barrier Reef Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #18 of 103 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was surprised and pleased to find a good vegetarian option at the sports bar: a homemade black bean burger. We ate outside, which is just steps from the water. There was live music the night we were there too, and it seems they often have something like that going on. Mostly I was excited to be able to find a tasty option for vegetarian protein meal amid the more typical sports bar food (wings, meat burgers, etc)!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We become semi-regulars at the Sports Bar during our stay in Caye Caulker. It is centrally located on the beach, which made for a good meeting place. The drinks are cheap, the bar dog is adorable, and the owner is super friendly and a great guy. The food is typical bar food.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This place is fun. They have trivia night, karaoke night, open mic and I am not sure what other things, so like I said, it is a fun place and the staff is friendly. The food is disappointing. I had a beef burger and it wasn't worth BZ$14 My friend had the quesadillas and she said the cheese was the fake processed kind. A couple of days later I had the BZ$4 hotdog and that was ok, specially for the price.

So my opinion is: go there for a few beers, have fun but eat elsewhere.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The food was standard bar fare. But the service is great, the staff is friendly and the drinks are well made.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Spent a lot of time here during my two weeks in Caye Caulker. The expats run a Hold Em' game on Tuesdays and Thursdays, there is an open mic on Fridays (if I recall correctly) and Sunday Night Trivia with Trivia Mike is an absolute blast.

Try the black bean burger or the mango chicken fingers and sample a "panty ripper" or just go with an ice cold Belikin. Highly recommended.

1  Thank JustaPack2