“At least you get fresh water in the shower!”

Tropical Paradise Hotel
Ranked #28 of 33 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 4, 2007

Not the best hotel in my life but good for the price. The room was clean the restaurant is OK, and the staff is ok too. I have been to an other hotel own by the managemanet in caye caulker (the tropics) and enjoyed much more the tropical paradise. Privilege in caye caulker, you have fresh water in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 23, 2006

Stayed for 4 nights in october 2006

Room were soso, clean and bathrom was ok, nothing special.

Stayed in room 17 (avoid with a vengence!!!) as each night cockroaches would come to visit me, giving me a rund for my money!! it apeared after the second night the were coming from theough the sink in the bathroom, when i tould the receptionist she was too lazy to do anything so used repellents to solve the problem and after that i was gone, i liked belize but woudlt stay there as me and cockroaches do not get along! nice area ane beach though, so choice is yours if you stay
p.s if you do say hi to the little buggers!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 22, 2006

We visited Caye Caulker from Dec 27-30, 2005. My husband and I stayed in room 17 and my stepdaughter and son stayed in 16. Our room had a jacuzzi, but the shower didn't work well. Who cared when you had a jacuzzi? Their bathroom and shower were fine. AC worked fine. Both rooms were quiet. My 11 yr old son and 21 yr old step daughter would walk to "town" (3 minutes) by themselves and were very comfortable. Husband and I would buy Belikin Beers at the local restaurant and visit by the beach. Very pleasant. Son found an iguana living in some cement blocks near our room. Very entertaining. This hotel is owned by locals, which we preferred. We borrowed hotel's kayaks to explore sw part of the island.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled with family
1  Thank tbschlat
Reviewed August 24, 2005

I absolutely loved Tropical Paradise. The staff was very friendly unlike at some other hotels on the island. Our room was cleaned daily (I was surprised to see that items like soap and shampoo were included...we expected to have to purchase them elsewhere). The location is right on the beach in a quiet area and the hotel has a restaurant with a full bar. What more could you ask for? I can't wait to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2003
18  Thank haleno
Reviewed March 18, 2005

For all the fanfare of its paintjob, this hotel really just lacks in charisma-- though it is a good bet if you can't get a room somewhere else and need to stay one night.

Rooms are simple and clean-- but somewhat hot at midday. Our shower water smelled pretty funky, which made us wonder if we were bathing in rain water. And the provided towels seemed so stiff, I'm convinced they had been washed in salt water. Eww!

Other than that-- if you plop yourself outside on a beach chair its pretty-- and the swimming in this spot isn't dreadful... like it is elsewhere on this end of the island-- and that's a plus!

15  Thank astrida
Reviewed January 3, 2005

I was on a diving vacation on Caye Caulker in November and toward the end of my stay I had to change accommodations and found a home at Tropical Paradise Hotel! The management is wonderful! The restaurant has delicious entrees at great prices! The cleaning is regular and complete! The staff is friendly and helpful! I am returning for 14 days in February!! I might add, their website and email responses are accurate and prompt!!

• Stayed: February 2005
22  Thank sdiver1944
Reviewed December 27, 2004

excellent place to stay, play and eat. wonderful people and accomadations

19  Thank russapple