Yuma's House Belize
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
$120
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$71
Barefoot Caribe Hotel(Caye Caulker)
$80
$61
$47
  • Beachfront
De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Beachfront
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
$52
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Blue Wave Guest House(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$23
Agoda.com
Paradise, Too Hotel(Caye Caulker)
$54
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
Kokomo Beach Suites(Caye Caulker)
$149
All reviewsprivate roomnight guardthe ownerwater taxihouse ruleshammocks and swingsno hot waterpublic areasstrict rulesother travelerssecurity guardwe've stayedplace to staysports barfree coffeefantastic locationbudget accommodation
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here two nights after being at a time share in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. I had made reservations which is good as Yuma's House seems to stay fairly full. I can see why.. The rooms were clean, as were the kitchen and bathrooms. The staff cleaned the common area's twice a day. Susanne is delightful, clear and kind. No visitors allowed, security guard on duty at night. I felt safe and protected. The location is great, right between the two water taxi's. Definitely make a reservation if you want a room. The prices are great. All the rooms seem good. It is next to a park, so there is some noise from the basketball/volleyball courts. But not after sunset. The view of sunrise is great from this place. Lots of hammocks, two kitchens and plenty of bathrooms/showers. There is no hot water, but that seemed ok even though it was cool and rainy when I was there. It was great to have kitchens to cook meals to save money.
THis island is very different than Ambergris Caye. Much quieter and more laid back. Food is more affordable as well. You can travel by boat or by airplane in and out of this island. Highly recommend this place !!

Room Tip: I do not think you can reserve a room. Only make reservations to hold a room. All the rooms are nice, some maybe noisier than others, but all in all it is a great value, great location, safe and clean.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We found Yuma's House (Formerly Tina's Backpackers Hostel) on Tripadisor and booked on line for a week, January 7-14. It is clean, quiet, has a great decor, right on the water's edge next to both docks where boats operate form to San Pedro, Chetumal and Belize City. It is one of the most popular accommodations in Caye Caulker so I would recommend that you book well in advance. (A month or more.) Many visitors get off the boat and walk around looking for a place to stay. While we were there, we must have seen at least 20 people come by and being turned away. We contacted Suzanne by email a week before we went and already, all the private rooms were taken, so we stayed in the 4 bed dorm.
It's a quiet place, even though cetrally located, with a well advertized and well enforced curfew of 11PM. You can go in and out, obviously, but no parties of carrying on after 11. There are two communal kitchens, one on each floor. Strangely enough, there wasn't anything to make coffee with in either kitchens when we got there, so we made cowboy coffee the first three mornings. Then Suzanne, responding to our need, went out and bought a drip coffee maker. Happens that few people drink coffee there. Too bad because Belize coffee is very good.
Because it's a hostel type environment, it's also a great palce to meet people and make friends. For us, that is always a plus as we are eternal travellers and we like to keep track and in touch with people we meet on the road.
Again, we highly recommend Yuma's House in Caye Caulker, Belize. Stay a day, stay a month, spend the winter there. Why not.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I planned to go to Belize City actually but finally I got off at the pier and go to the Cayo Cualker all in the sudden! All the backpackers got off at the pier so I did it as well. I have no idea what I will do and where I will stay in Cayo Caulker. Once I get off the boat, I saw this lovely hostel and the price is so reasonable!!! I didnt check for other hostel but just check in for Yuma's House! I love the swing here!!!! I love the chill out atmosphere... I wish there is such a lovely Island with this lovely hostel in my country!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2013

A friend and I stayed here. We were in a small dorm with only 3 beds, so pretty much a private room. Although it was quite dark it had been decorated really nicely which made up for it. The lockers were great to keep all your valuables too. Susanne the owner was very helpful if you needed anything. The hostel had a lovely vibe to it and you could sit out in the hammocks in the evening and day reading your book and relaxing. It was a sociable hostel without it being a party hostel. Very clean and friendly people. The best place to stay in Caye Caulker, but book ahead they get very busy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Yuma's is a wonderful place to stay in Caye Caulker and has an excellent location, right off the peer from where the boats arrive from Belize City, so doesn't involve a long trek with a backpack - assuming you arrive with one!

Painted in fabulous bright colours, with hammocks aplenty - both within the hostel and out on the deck overlooking the water.

Suzanne was lovely and always very helpful. She runs a tight ship and is very strict, not allowing any visitors, other than guests who are staying at the hostel. I thought this was brilliant and meant that we felt very secure and never worried about security. All dorms are small - max of 4 on bunks - and there's plenty of showers. No hot water, but with great weather, wasn't necessary. Shared kitchen facilities with plenty of space.

The private rooms are very small - with little space other than the bed - but they're very clean and excellent value for money.

Overall, a wonderful stay in Caye Caulker.

Room Tip: We had the best dorm - I forget the room number, but it's the one at the top of the stairs. It's by far the most airy. I would say that the rooms upstairs are probably a better choice than those downstairs in the house.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends