“A great little place on the beach”

Trends Beachfront Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Trends Beachfront Hotel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Long Beach, California
“A great little place on the beach”
Reviewed July 14, 2007

Trends was a super comfortable, friendly place to spend our time in Caye Caulker. The room had a huge porch and hammock that made our stay even more enjoyable. The only downside was the heat (no air conditioning.) All in all - a great stay!

Stayed July 2007

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2007

I stayed here over the xmas holidays and this hotel was exactly what we expected. It is not a 5star or anything but it has everything you will need for a stay on Caye Caulker. The location is the best part, right in the middle of the island, just off the water taxi dock. Easy access to either ends of the island. We loved the private hammock too, make sure to get on of the end rooms!

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed November 5, 2006

The Trends is a great little hotel at a great location steps from the ferry and jetty on Caye Caulker. The island itself is very laidback and a fun place to be with fun restaurants and a great ambience. I dived the Blue hole and Hol Chan marine reserve while I was there. The diving is ok, but not world class. The Blue hole is mainly done because it's very different and deep. It was cold, the vis wasn't so good and it's very short. But it was an experience not to be missed if you are a keen diver. The 2nd and 3rd dive were much better. And the day trip was worth it even though it is expensive and very long. (You leave at 5.45 in the mornning.) All in all I reccommend Caye caulker as a great destination and the Trends beach hotel was good, but don't expect luxury. It's pretty basic, but it's got all you need. You have your own private hammock which was put to use every day after my dives... :-)

• Liked — The location, ambience and the private hammock!
  • Disliked — That it's pretty basic!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Travelbird0505
London, UK
Reviewed May 9, 2006

I stayed in this hotel as a lone female traveller for 10 days. The staff, especially one of the managers - Trenton, were really friendly and helpful. My room was on the beachfront and was basic yet very clean. The bedding, pillows, floor etc were all spotless. The maid cleaned the room and changed the towels each day. The bathroom was also spotless which is something I find particularly important. My room did not have air conditioning, but did have a very effective ceiling fan.
There are hammocks outside every room which are great for relaxing and catching the sea breeze and the wonderful view. The hotel is next to the water taxi terminal, making it extremely convienient to reach, especially if you get off the water taxi with lots of heavy bags, like I did.
The hotel is right next to the best restaurant on the island, the Sandbox, which serves up great local food for a decent price. I'd also recommend visiting Munchies restaurant, which is not too far away.
My time in Belize was fantastic, staying on Caye Caulker is quieter than San Pedro, but it is the most relaxing place I have ever been and I'd highly recommend it to anyone...you better Belize it!

• Stayed March 2006
5 Thank ElouiseLondon_UK
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 5, 2005

Beautiful location, nice and clean but no A/C. If I stayed again, I would get the bungalow. Our apt. didn't have any breeze through the window, as it didn't face the beach. However... this island is AWESOME and Trends is great... close to the best restaurant in town--the Sandbox. We had a great time and would highly recommend it!

20 Thank netmadre