“Perfect scuba diving for small group” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Durgon Dives

Black Durgon Dives
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Belize's Barrier Reef in small groups of no more than 5 divers at a time. Dive tips to Turneffe Atoll are also available. We also arrange dive/snorkel trips to the Great Blue Hole at the Lighthouse Reef Atoll. Discover Scuba Diving and Refresher dives are also available.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect scuba diving for small group”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We recently travelled to Caye Caulker for a weekend of diving and relaxing. We did not want to dive with a 'cattle boat' full of divers so a friend recommended Black Durgon for our group of three. The boat picked us up from the dock of our cabana and took us out to the reef. Was surprised at the height of the waves going into the dive area, but Minor and Mike expertly guided the boat into the area and we had an amazing dive seeing a large amount of nurse sharks and several turtles. They were friendly and helpful--I recommend them highly for small customized groups.

Visited April 2013

West Monroe, Louisiana
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Diving with Black Durgon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Diving was good. Dive master was good. The business itself I am not so sure of. We made the mistake of not asking price before booking. found out all parties on the boat paid different prices. Not cool. Also, the person running the little shop was supposed to pick us up on the pier outside our beach house and after waiting awhile, a golf cart shows up. Not really a problem for us but the other 3 people going on the dive had been waiting for us to show up. Not cool. We became friends though so no worries. The person running the shop also took case of the taxi (golf cart) fees going and coming. They also washed our gear and held it for us until we came back from "The Split". Overall a good trip just get pricing ahead of schedule.

Visited April 2013
Kamloops, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“An excellent experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I met up with some friends on Caye Caulker and wanted a day on the water. We chose Black Durgon Dives as Simeon was able to customize our trip to meet our requests. Ian and Mike followed through and provided an excellent experience that I would not hesitate to reccomend. If you are looking for good value that caters to small groups this is the place.

pt.alberni
“Wonderful diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Small groups and professional, fun staff made my trip! Simeon, Ian and Mike were awesome. It had been awhile since my last dive, so I asked to do a refresher; Simeon was very accommodating. I would definitely recommend Black Durgon Dives to anyone visiting C.C. Will be returning soon!

Visited January 2013
Vermont
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Not a bad review - just an average one”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

First the good: small boat = just a handful of divers. Really like not being on a large boat with several groups and lots of snorklers. Simeon is wonderful and extremely welcoming. The dives were beautiful and we ultimately had a great time.

Then the not as good: being a small shop that doesn't own a whole lot of equipment means that there is not enough equipment and it is not in pristine shape. If you have your own, this is a non-issue of course. My air was leaking out on both dives even after changing the O ring. Since I know how to breathe pretty well, it didn't make me have to surface early. But it did make me wish I had my own. (On the first dive, I actually traded out BCDs with the instructor at the bottom of the ocean. Good to practice the skill so this was not a bad thing necessarily.)

Being a small boat, the long ride is not the most comfortable. Sit in the middle seat rather than on the sides and you'll be much better off. Or even on the floor in front of that seat. Best spot of all.

Visited December 2012