“Awful”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Worst food we had in Belize, hands down. Four of us went for breakfast and none of us enjoyed it. Two of us got the breakfast buffet and the food had potential to be good but was poorly executed. The chicken on top of the baleatas was riddled with bones and cartilage. Nothing had flavor. Im not a pickey eater but I couldn't finish my plate. It's that bad. The two who ordered off the menu also were very disappointed. I don't have anything positive to add other than it has a descent view out back, but so does every other place.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Reading some of the super-negative reviews of La Cubana reminds me that we all have very different tastes. For me our dinner here over New Year's this past January was a highlight meal of our four nights on Caye Caulker. I'd been eyeing up that big pig getting roasted every day as I walked past, and it turned out to be every bit as tasty as it looked, especially for a price that as I recall was around $10. We took the buffet option, which meant we could eat as much as we wanted of the roast pork (plus barbecued pork, chicken and sausages along with various sides). It's serve-yourself and the tables outside are picnic tables that have seen better days, but no problem for me if the food's great and you're right on the beach. We went on our last night, which was too bad because I'm sure we would have gone back for a second night had I known the food would be that good.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We came here our first night because it was very close to our place. Dinner was just okay. It does have a great location and the servers were very nice. We came back a couple days later for a Cuban breakfast. It was pretty awesome. So I don't know if breakfast is better in general (though I did find a bone in my chicken) or if it's just a hit or miss situation. Honestly, I think there are several places that are way better.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I really don't know where to start with this place. We were so excited to eat at a Cuban place, but left a bit terrified and confused. It almost seems like they get their food in, cook it (maybe that's when you can have a good experience), then just let it go bad and keep serving it after its gone bad.
Firstly the service was strange. Then the food came. The one good thing I can say is that they cooked their scrambled eggs with a great amount of onions and tomatoes and that was the only flavor. My husband who got plain scrambled eggs said they were pretty unpleasant. The toast was stale and cold. The bacon…..had a green tint to it which I unfortunately saw after I had eaten half of it and tasted a weird "off" twinge to it.
We were pretty lucky we didn't get sick from eating here, we just wanted to get out of there.

2  Thank Jbprs
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We expected a delicious buffet when we saw the pig roasting outside. The buffet had a very poor selection and the pork was tasteless. There are too many better options for dinner in Caye Caulker.