“Ceviche and buffet lunch for fair price” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Cubana
Ranked #60 of 92 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Central American, Cuban
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Zagreb, Croatia
“Ceviche and buffet lunch for fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Food is good and various, you can choose from meat to seafood (lobster BZ$35, ceviche from BZ$15..)..buffet lunch has 4 meat choices and side dishes,cake and coffee or tea included for BZ$23..staff is very friendly.. free wifi available

“Best wings ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Our group are here several times. Great lobster and seafood. The spicy wings were probably the best any of us had ever eaten. Jackie does an amazing job!!!!

New Jersey
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had breakfast here twice. The location is across from San Pedro Express dock. Try the lime juice and the fry jacks.

Visited December 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Horrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Granted my wife and I were there at the end of the off-season, but this place had a buffet that had food that had been sitting there for quite some time. I saw very few people eating there in the 9 days we were on the island. The service was good, but there wasn't much on the buffet worth eating. There was a good variety, but it just wasn't good food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cozumel, Mexico
“nice view but poor food quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Was our first breakfast on the islands and we wanted to try the restaurant called Colors , however at 8:30 am everything was closed (even when they posted breakfast out doors) , we walked along the beach and found opened la Cubana restaurant , we saw the menu and the buffet looked attractive for the price.
I walked in and saw the food ,were a limited selection of cookies, a scrambled egg , burrito , and a couple of Mexican dishes Belize -style , we had to leave to a tour, so we did not have too many options anyway, so we decided to eat there ....
Although just opened , the selection of food was very scarce and meals looked like 7/11 food (low season) , finally I took some things and were cold and tasteless.
But the worst was when started a leak from the ceiling just above the dishes! how knows where the hell this water came from?, I told one of the people who were there and he only moved the dishes away and put a towel to hold water, I am sure the leak sprinkled the "clean" dishes and even some of the food ...
I concentrated on what was on the plate ate what I could and drank my coffee, paid and left begging for us not become sick from some bacteria or something worse.
The only positive is the view and the price but there are definitely better places .
Usually I give second chances to all places but not this time, sorry folks

• Visited September 2013