“Best lunch on the island”
Review of Budgetman - CLOSED

Budgetman
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were walking down the street and who did we hear calling us to him, The Budgetman! His out of sight personality and the smell of the food he was cooking, who were we to deny him. I had the curry chicken one day and it was amazing and the next day I tried the conch fritter...YUM! We even spread the word to others that they needed to come visit the budgeman. Be in early as well, you wouldnt want to miss out. If only we could have packed him up in our packs and bring him with us.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great food, great price, and a great personality. The conch fritters, aoli, and cayenne rice were very good, and the portions were more than I could finish. The Budgetman is friendly and very personable. Make sure you get your daily hug from him.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We arrived in Caye Caulker yesterday at around lunchtime, exhausted and starving, after having travelled from Placencia. As we trudged along the main road with our heavy backpacks, we noticed the most mouth-watering smells wafting in our direction from the Budgetman food stand. It smelled too good to pass up! My partner and I both ordered the coconut shrimp which came with rice and vegetable curry, topped off with fried plantain. Ohhh my God, it was sooooo good! The shrimp was some of the best shrimp we've ever tasted, our energy was immediately replenished, and the portions were big enough that we weren't hungry again until 9pm. Thank you, Budgetman! You are a Caye Caulker treasure.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I leave a quick and simple review. Great guy, great view, best value. Very inexpensive for the delicious meal. I would recommend lunch at Budgetman each day.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Budgetman is a great place to get food on the go. With a little stand on the beach his menu varies daily. He is a nice guy and his food is excellent. Don't expect the food to be hot with fire, he makes his food at home and then brings it to his stand on the beach. I do have to say that when it is hot, room temp food will do the trick. He has a choice of hot sauces for you to put on your food but believe me you won't need it.