“Let's Go Snorkeling!”

$95.00*
and up
Hol Chan Marine Park, Shark Ray Alley and Caye Caulker Tour from Ambergris Caye
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My favorite spot in Belize is Caye Caulker. I only wish we had planned to stay longer. If you are looking for activities, you will find plenty to do here. If you just want to kick back on the beach with your favorite beverage, you can do that, too. I had never been snorkeling in my life, and now I want to go back to Caye Caulker and snorkel every day forever. If you go, spend at least 3-4 days.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,293)

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Just went again to Caye Caulker recently. It's quite developed now with hotel after hotel and many restaurants. It's still less developed than Ambergis (San Pedro). The vibe is chill. No cars on the "streets". It's but an hour or so by water taxi from Belize City. Ocean and sunset are beautiful. stay at least 3-4 nights to get into the chilled out vibe. All the places to eat are a bit pricey because they are all catering to the tourists of course.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Spent some time in mainland Belize, Ambergris Cay, and then finally Cay Caulker. I had heard great things about Belize, and up until my arrival at Cay Caulker I was pretty disappointed. Once I arrived on this little island I felt like I had found the Belize I was looking for. If you're looking for a partying, drinking, "Spring Break" type experience this is NOT it. If you want a bunch of huge resorts go to Mexico. If you want a relaxing, laid back, and low-key environment with beautiful scenery, awesome SCUBA diving, and simple but good food, come here and relax, drink some Belikin Beer and have a place to dream about going back to.

1  Thank Seth D
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Excellent location to wander the streets or just kick back at one of the bars. Walking around the the island is good excercise and lot's to see.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This small island of Belize is your best choice for a visit to this country. The weather was exception in March. I must admit the sun was a little stronger than my white body could handle without a ton of sunscreen. Bring double of what you normally would or be prepared to spend triple the cost on an additional bottle. (I rarely use sunscreen and had to stay covered here.) the simplicity of the lifestyle here initially caught me off guard. There is no fancy area and accommodations are a typical 2-star hotel. I related it to camping. The island receives it's energy from diesel generators and so it is costly for them. Groceries are expensive and we soon learned that it was cheaper to eat out. Bring your coffee with you! The sailing and snorkeling is exceptional and if I could change one thing, I'd have finished with the 3-day sailing! The very friendly people, great weather, laid-back lifestyle, great waters, and exceptional food (for cheap) soon won me over and I found my eight days to be not enough! We loved our accommodations at Hummingbird (Brenda Hammond with Caye Caulker Accomodations) with a brand new pool. This island felt safe to me in comparison to what Belize City looked and felt like and San Pedro didn't sound a buch different. Some of my favorite foods were the fresh seafood, the Fry Jacks are a must (for next to nothing in cost) and Chicken. The must eat places are Terry's for any seafood, Errolyn's (by the bank) for Fry Jacks, and Syd's for chicken. The best iced coffee for the best price was at Caribean Colors...and the breakfast bagel done in a Eggs Benedict kinda way looked scrumptious. We really enjoyed our sailing adventures with Ragamuffin and for a nice relaxing booze cruise, see Anda de Wata for a tubing adventure on the calm waters. Bring few clothes or any oth extras and enjoy not carrying huge bags...you will truly look foolish as 3 shorts, 3 tops, a sundered, and two bathing suits are all you will need to go with your layers of sunscreen...seriously. I always overpack and travel with tons of clothes but happily arrived here with only a backpack like 75% of the others. Those who are hauling the big bags made for a good laugh.

3  Thank Adventure01_12