“Pricy for average food”

Sobre Las Olas
Ranked #65 of 102 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were looking for a waterside restaurant to get lobster.... The food was edible but absolutely nothing special.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Don't be put off by the lousy self service coffee pot. The belizean breakfast with fry jacks (sopapillas) and veggie frittata were worth staying for. Very laid back service gives you plenty of time to enjoy the view.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

was pretty bad! We visited on a week day and the place only had one other table of people. The rum drinks were quite weak and expensive. We had the nachos and a chicken dish. Both were pretty good, but nothing overly impressive. We had much better nachos at other places. The server never checked on us the whole night. I had to go up to the bar (where we was sitting watching TV!!), and ask him for a box and the check. He was quite friendly, but just an awful server! The saving grace was the location. the two of us enjoyed eating next to the pier and sitting on the swings while we waited for the food.

The restaurant had some potential, but the poor service will probably deter us from visiting again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We loved to have breakfast here on the beachfront. We tried several other places that were less than mediocre. The bacon frittatta with a side of coconut beans was very good! Plus, the view and nice breeze were perfect!

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I went there for breakfast and was told it would take an hour to get an omele
The place was not even half full and of those tables at least half were already eating and the others had ordered So I ordered fruit with yogurt and granola instead. It's was a very small portion , especially in comparison to most of the other restaurants on the island. So I asked my server for a bagel and was told it would take about 40 min !!!!! I told him I would take it plain not toasted He told me he already put my other order ahead of others and couldn't do it again. They also only give u one cup of coffee with ur breakfast. The next one they charge u for. I would not recommend this place as a matter of fact I tell anyone I meet NOT to go there and haven't and will not go back