“Delightful owners”
Review of Colinda Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Colinda Cabanas
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
London
“Delightful owners”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nothing too much trouble. Lovely pier for chilling out. Good basic rooms.
There are free bikes and a free canoe.
The only drawback is that it is a ten minute walk to evening restaurants and a dark ish route home. You could get a taxi if you wanted too but I just cycled back at pace.
Swimming is a bit limited on the island and the Colinda pier is really suited to a good thrash about.
Recommended.

Room Tip: The front rooms are more expensive and probably not worth it
1 Thank AndrewtLondon

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 15, 2013

i recently stayed in the Colinda Cabanas, and had a great stay. Due to availablity, I split my stay between a small, ocean-view cabana for the first few days, and a beachfront suite for the last few days.
The Cabanas are in a great location on the airport side of the island, which is quiet, and doesn't get much random foot traffic through it, so it is very safe. A bicycle is provided for riding around the island, which is all you really need to see the whole island. Golf cart taxis are also available, but the center of town is only a short walk away.
I stayed in a back cabana for the first part of the stay, which was about 300 sq ft, with a double and a twin bed, bathroom with shower and compact refrigerator. There was an inside table and chair, and on the porch, an outside table and hanging hammock.(very comfortable !)
The beachfront suite was about 700 sq ft, with marble floors, full kitchen with full size refrigerator, full bath, separate bedroom with a queen bed, air-conditioning and cable tv. There was a dining table with chairs, and in the front area, a double sized futon and table with a chair.
Colin and Linda are very nice, and gave great recommendations for activities and restaurants. They are very gracious hosts, and very helpful and friendly. Rooms have daily cleaning service.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Cabanas, and can highly recommend them for both those traveling on a budget or those looking for nicer accommodations.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget, the back cabanas are a great deal and very comfortable. The beachfront suit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was my first solo adventure and Linda made me feel right at home. I stayed in cabana number 4, which I understand is the newest unit, and while the bedroom was a bit cozy, I was comfortable. Didn't spend much time in there anyway! I loved eating my breakfast on the pier... watching the sun come alive. The bikes were great for getting around the island, after I re-learned my biking skills.

My only complaint was the 10am checkout.

3 Thank FusingFrannie
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 10, 2013

There's not much more to say about Colinda Cabanas that hasn't already been said. The places are so nice, hot water consistently available, Colin and Linda are so nice, and it's wonderful chill and quiet. I definitely give this place a 5/5. Worth it, especially for couples!

The only downside is the place is very far south. Bikes are provided for free, which makes it easier. But it isn't right in the center of town. That can be a plus or a minus. Still, don't worry about it too much. Anywhere on Caye Caulker is an easy walk.

Enjoy!

2 Thank Robert S
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was our first visit to Belize and we were at a lost of where to stay. I did a little research on Trip Adviser (btw, I love them too) and read all the fabulous reviews on Colinda Cabanas. We were not disappointed. All the reviews were right on. From the beginning, Colin and Linda were very patient with me with all my questions and concerns. They are a wonderful couple who takes very good care of their guests and made sure our vacation was perfect and they were very accommodating. From providing extra bikes for our big group to checking with the airlines to make sure didn't need to pay extra for a departure tax to calling us a cab. We loved their location on the beach with the awesome sunrise and so close to town that it was an easy walk. We also loved the bikes that they provided which was a very nice touch, especially when the kids (young adults actually) moaned about walking in the heat. Our unit was right on the water and our unit was clean and spacious. I can't say enough about Colinda Cabanas and our hosts Colin and Linda. We will definitely be back and this will be the only place we stay. Much Mahalos Colin and Linda!

Room Tip: Loved the beach front cabanas. Nice breeze from the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Chero33
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I loved our 10 day stay in Caye Caulker and the location of Colinda Cabanas. It is in a quiet area and you only have to walk for about 10 to 15 minutes along the shore to get to most of the festivities. We really enjoyed the walks under the palms during the day, they kept us cool and at night the stars were amazing! There is no cars on the Island, just some taxi driver golf carts & a few the locals use. Colin & Linda also supply bikes but we enjoyed the walking so much we did not use them. The house we stayed in was very clean & comfortable with a beautiful view, and we were pleasantly surprised to have maid service daily. They gave us wonderful recommendations for everything we were looking for! The only problem we had was the sand fleas/flies for a few days that bit at dusk & dawn because we came after much rain. (Bug spray did not work so we used baby oil to coat our skin. We found out that lime juice also works great too! Mosquitos were not a problem.) We loved the private dock and hammocks under the thatched roof. One of the nicest places on the Island! So glad we stayed here after going to San Pedro for lunch on a snorkel trip (cars darting out and noisy, not the same vibe!) We

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank wineguru11
Bernalillo, New Mexico
Reviewed December 19, 2012

A fun part of travel is evaluating all of the various reviews, forming some tentative perceptions, and then comparing that to the reality of a place. I had very high expectations about Colinda Cabins based on all the wonderful reviews, but will admit that our experience was far better than what we ever imagined.

First Colin and Linda - I doubt there were ever two people better suited to be lodge-keepers. They are friendly and helpful, but always unobtrusive to their guests. They are good leaders, and have built a hard working group of staff members who are just wonderful to be around. The place is absolutely spotless - room, grounds, dock. Any little small discrepancy is immediately remedied! I really can't say enough about them or the wonderful people they employ.

We stayed in the downstairs ocean-front cabana which was beautifully decorated and extremely well equipped. We cooked several of our own meals, and had every possible kitchen item needed. The bed was very comfortable with very high quality linens. We enjoyed late night movies on the premium channels included on our bedroom flat-screen TV. Note that there is no TV in the main living area due to it's proximity to salty sea air.

We enjoyed the lovely dock and it's little intimate seating area, particularly at sunset. We also used the kayaks a couple of times and enjoyed paddling about out front. They are small sit-on-tops so not well-suited for long distance exploration, but on a nice day, a trip out to the reef is possible. There are also bicycles available for guests.

Upon arrival, we took a trip into the main part of the island, to stock up on groceries. We really stocked up, as the store offers taxi rides home for only $5. BZE. One nice thing is that purified water is provided at the cabana, so we didn't need to transport drinking water.

I can definitely see why Colinda Cabins has earned the top spot for Trip Advisor in Caye Caulker. They deserve it! One tip, book early. This top spot has given them a very full calendar! Don't expect to show up and get a cabana. On the other hand, if they have a cancellation, you might just get a great deal here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
#6 of 53 in San Pedro
Royal Palm Island Resort
Royal Palm Island Resort
#2 of 2 in St. George's Caye

Been to Colinda Cabanas? Share your experiences!