“Too rude”
Review of Tsunami Adventures

Tsunami Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We are your one stop Snorkel and Tour Shop, offering a wide variety of services for Caye Caulker and Belize. Mayan Sites and Cave Tubing Adventures. Scenic Flights to the Great Blue Hole. Mangrove Cruises by Ponton and Sunset Cruise. Snorkeling and Fishing Trips. We can help you with any questions you may have.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had a bad experience with Tsunami. One of the owners, Heather, was very distespectful to her employees. She berated them in front of us and she was just plain rude to me.

We were promised a boat, easy to get into, with a ladder and a captain and helper to help us get in and out the water. We waited over half an hour for the boat and when it arrived it was just one step above a rowboat. I was unabe to get in and there was no helper and I never saw a ladder.

Heather refused to return our money, she yelled at her employee and was just rude and unpleasant.

There are plenty of places to dive with, so fortunately you have choices for snorkeling and diving.

1  Thank joycemarion
TsunamiCayeCaulker, Owner at Tsunami Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

A group of three ladies came to our office and wanted a private charter for a short trip to the reef on the spot. It takes at least a min. of a half an hour to get the boat properly prepared. The boat is a typical 25 foot launchon complete with canopy and ladder to get in and out of the water for your average size person. There was a captain and a side man. This lady decided at the last moment that she did not want to go on the trip and wanted her money back. I told her that it is not possible as the boat is already here. Her next two friends came into the office and said they will still go and don't worry about our friend, she always complain. I would love the other two ladies to write a review of the trip, as they raved about when they got back and even invited the guides out for dinner. I would definately have to say the opposite of this review.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I always stay at Costa Maya Cabana's located on this location. I have used Heather and her team to book many tours for myself, friends and family. This last time we took a day trip going cave tubing then Mayan Ruins. Was a great day. I have used Tsumani multiple times on 6 or 7? trips to Caye Caulker. They have never let me down.
Pay cash, and save a little. Belize has high fee's on Credit Card transactions.

1  Thank FamilyManEastTexas
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family of 5 adults made arrangments for a day of snorkeling with Tsunami before we arrived at the island. We found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. The tour guides, Rene` was extremely knowledgeable of the ocean and island. His Jr. guide was great too ( I am so sorry but I don't remember his name). The staff prepared an excellennt lunch, fresh pineapple and rum punch to sip on our way back to the island. We got to actually touch the Nurse sharks and see beautiful coral reefs. The guides were laid back, and allowed our group to snorkel leisurely in the beautiful ocean. Tsunami gives you the best value for your money- we were with them from 10am to 4pm and made 4 different stops to snorkel. Even though it rained a little while we were out, no one seemed to mind. It was an awesome day! In my opinion, Tsunami Adventures should have a higher rating on Trip Advisor- they were EXCELLENT

1  Thank Lovey001
TsunamiCayeCaulker, Owner at Tsunami Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. We really appreciate it. Heather, Brioni, Rene and Miguel

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent the day snorkeling with eight other folks, and it was incredible! Our guides were great - friendly, helpful, skilled, informative. We saw manatees, sharks, sea turtles, and of course, tons of coral and tropical fish - it was an absolutely wonderful experience - good equipment, plenty of food and water - I couldn't have asked for a better day. It was very affordable, too.

Caye Caulker is a short water taxi ride from Belize City (about an hour)- I was staying in the city for work, and this was one of the few tours that had a trip going out that would work with the water taxi schedule.

My one word of caution is to re-up the sunblock on your back a few times and/or wear a shirt in the water - I'd not been on an all day snorkeling trip before, and had bought some extra power sunblock, but it wasn't enough.

1  Thank Kari C

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a wonderful review. Heather and Brioni

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Asked at a couple of places to figure out prices for cave tubing - they wanted $103 (+5% for using a credit card), while one of their friends on another street wanted $125. The cost of the trip is $55 (see http://www.cave-tubing.net/ - Tom Greenwood is awesome) + $18 for the round-trip ferry ride. So a $30 commission.

Now I could understand that $30 commission if we at least got some good intel about the trip, but they didn't tell us that the cave water level was pretty low (May is not optimal cave time), and they had no idea that you actually get a reasonably good lunch buffet on the trip - they told us we would just get rice and beans and chicken...It might take a bit more effort, but I would book with Tom directly...

1  Thank mdg1111
TsunamiCayeCaulker, Owner at Tsunami Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hello and thank you for your review. Please note that this price is for groups of 10 plus. It shows on Mr. Greenwood's site. For a party of two only it is more expensive.
When the water is low. The trip takes longer and you get to enjoy the beauty of the caves. I did the trip in May personally and felt that in some spots Butts Up! The water is cool and refreshing! What a great way to spend the day. Please note that if you are a group we do offer discounts. Our prices are inclusive of all taxes, round trip transportation to and from the island. Thank you Heather