“Tsunami Advetures to explore caye cualker!”
Review of Tsunami Adventures

Tsunami Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We are your one stop Snorkel and Tour Shop, offering a wide variety of services for Caye Caulker and Belize. Mayan Sites and Cave Tubing Adventures. Scenic Flights to the Great Blue Hole. Mangrove Cruises by Ponton and Sunset Cruise. Snorkeling and Fishing Trips. We can help you with any questions you may have.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have contacted some different local agencies in caye cualker by email, before to go, and usually I choose the one who give me back by email, more information, with details, and reply to all my questions. From that point, i choose Tsunami adventures. I wrote them several times, and Heather always replied to me, givin me all the information i need to organize in advance my holiday there.
once in caye cualker, I found a very good quality agency in tsunami adventures.
i did 2 different excursion with them, and everything was perfect.
the first day we did the hol chan snorkelling plus manatees. the guide that was with us was very nice, he drove the boat to hol chan, around, giving us a lot of information and time to snorkelling around. when we went to look for the manatee, he also spent a lot of time lookin for them, giving us time to take pictures and a lot of information. the excursion was very nice. the hol chan reserve is a fantastic place to snorkelling. you cannot loose it!

the second day we choose to do the island hopping tour. that was amazing! they took us by boat to an island in the middle of nowhere in the ocean...we took more than 1 hour, passing over green, blue, such great colours of the ocean/coral reef. this island is kind of paradise! very small, beautiful beaches, warm water, white soft sand, i cannot say.....i thought i was in a dream! while we were enjoying the island....taking sun, swimming or snorkellin all there around, heather and her staff were cooking for us an amazing meal with fresh fish baked with rice, beans, nachos....it was fantastic! one of the best excursion ever!
i strongly recommend tsunami tour for their experience, good price, food service!

There are newer reviews for Tsunami Adventures

Reviewed January 21, 2012

This company sent us on a tour to meet a specific guide who was not there and when called knew nothing about it. Another member of the tour group hooked us up with a gude who had no idea what was going on. Upon returning to Tsunamis office to let them know hoe uncomfortable we were with the situation she accused us of calling her a liar and proceeded to talk over me even though I wanted to let her know how accomodating the other tour gude was. Very rude. Wanted to book a snorkling trip but told her no way and that I knew several people coming to the island and I was going to make sure they did not use tsunamis services. Did sail and snorkle with Black Hawk. Do recommend them and Steve the captain

3  Thank PattyHoover
TsunamiCayeCaulker, Owner at Tsunami Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

This person went to Lamanai Mayan Site. When they arrived in Belize City, they where approached by a taxi/tour guide that thought they where looking for a tour. This confused the guest and she had called me. I called my guide and he was looking for her in the terminal. He was 5 minutes late and that is no excuse, he should of been their waiting for them. He was delayed in traffic. The next day, this person came into the office and was explaining what happen as said above. They wanted a refund for their troubles and when it was not offered this upset the guest. Since the guest got the complete tour with the exception of a 5 minute delay by tour guide in the city, a refund was not granted. Unfortunately, sometimes these things happen. Our guides in the city are always prepared and in some instances this could happen. We are very sorry that this upset the guests so much and decided that they did not want to do any further tours with us.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Booked several trips - mainland and snorkeling and all great. Lady who runs shop very knowledgable and helpful. Guides very good - felt safe.

Wanted to stay at hotel attached but full.

Dinner spot that good is Bamboo - great fish burritos - only get one if two of you - they huge.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

We booked a tour to the mainland through Tsunami adventures and thought the lady who runs the shop was sort of rude when we first went there but didn't think anything of it. The tour was awesome on the mainland and the local guides were great! They gave us loads of information we did not know and really made our experience enjoyable.

We went back to the shop to book another tour with Tsunami and the lady who runs the shop was so rude to us and her staff that we just couldn't give our money to someone like that. She was even cutting down her own staff in front of us after he had been so nice trying to help us in the shop. Sometimes you can even hear her complaining about someone or something when you walk by her shop. How could you be miserable in paradise, or if you are then maybe it's time you moved on to something else.

Avoid the awkwardness by going to another of the many many shops on the island!

2  Thank LBorsy

One of our temporary staff had been caught stealing money and I am pretty positive that this person had overheard some of this discussion. . It was unprofessional of me and is one of those things that is very upsetting to an owner of a company. I am happy to know that this customer found our tours and tour guides very good. We thank you for that.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

We were in CC for two weeks - I stayed at Casa Maya and booked my trips through Tsunami which is located at the hotel.

We stayed in the room (nice view and recently renovated) above the office and then the one bedroom that has the huge deck overlooking the sea (likely best on island). Both were nice - very good value for the money - not 5 star but then not advertised as this - rooms very clean - comfortable atmosphere - staff very helpful and had everything we need (hot water, tv, fridge, good bed, a/c, wifi, etc.)

We did several trips with Heather (the Canadian owner of Tsunami). She knows her stuff -lots of options and flexible and she runs a professional shop - lots of equipment and even has underwater cameras to rent (we didn't as have own). Our highlights - reef snorkling, night snorkling, cave-tubing and zipline and the ruins. We did a lot of things. Her prices are good - same as everyone else on the island - it seems fairly competitive there. The best part - all local guides at Tsunami - some of them have been on the caye since birth so it was so cool to hear their stories (Vito, Renee and Mr. Greenwood) and also when in the water we felt safe as they have been boating in these waters for years. Heather says too that all the guides are all licenced and are certified boat captains. It was great times for us and I would highly recommend to others - she even booked our flights off the island as she is an agent for Tropic Air. With the full service shop everything easy - roll out of bed and its all there - one stop

Resturants - there are lots of them so many choices - our favorities...Bamboo, Sandbox, Tropical Paradise and then Lazy Lobster for great breakfast. At nightime - the Sports Bar is busy - I went there once - they do trivia which is fun. Also the Oceanside is a bar with a sand floor - very cool - doesn't get going to late which was often past our bedtime.

All in all - a fabulous trip - a beautiful island - no cars - people are great - oh yeah - cake lady - she comes out every evening with her bike and big tray of cakes i- try her carrot cake.

We will definitely be going back - I have already booked the room with the deck for next year.